Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New today  (Read 1701 times)

Bee62

New today
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »

Hi after putting up with horrendous symptoms, for the last year id had enough.GP started me on PREM PAC C without any real discussion about my health, said I needed this HRT as I still had a womb. Have been on them for three months now and feel much better however I have had constant thrush and monthly bleeding periods had stopped 2 years ago, increased headache's one of which has lasted 7 days I spent 3 of them in hospital had MRI and lumber punch all clear thank god.
Every doctor has told me to stop taking HRT as they feel it may be this that is causing my headaches.
Menopause seems to be such a big thing but why is that that doctors don't seem to know much about it ?
No one I have seen professionally has offered any other alternative  :(

dazned

Re: New today
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

Hi and.   :welcomemm:

Do tell us a bit more about yourself,how old are you,what symptoms were you experiencing before you started hrt ? Your gp has given you a sequential hrt which will result monthly bleed. If you've been bleed free for two years you could try a continuous regime.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 08:34:12 PM »

:welcomemm:

GPs are sometimes not au fait with menopause symptoms.  Some still belief that unless a lady is having hot flushes, she ain't menopausal  >:(  ::).  What did the Medics in the Hospital think that you were suffering with?  :-\ ?

There are other HRTs which you could try.  Have a browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away.

Some ladies keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings etc..  Decide which symptom bothers you most and ask your GP for advice, have you spoken to him/her since the headaches became problematic?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 10:15:44 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Bee62
How old are you?  It takes time for the body to adjust and settle to an HRT.
Have a browse around and get clued up - there is great info on this site.  You have been given one of the old fashioned kinds of HRT and a sequential version of HRT which will bring a monthly bleed to protect your womb lining.
There are many HRT options and you need to find one that suits you.  Perhaps try Femoston 1/10 next - it has a kinder progesterone that may bring fewer side effects.
Headaches are a common side effect but by trying different HRT preparations you may find something that suits better. 
Look under TREATMENTS above for the options.

DG x