Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No ovaries but told by consultant that I could go without HRT.. is this right?  (Read 5729 times)

Annie0710

Things must have changed since I had my hysterectomy in 1995.  I remember a lady on the ward I was in who had her ovaries removed as well.  She was given her HRT patches on day 2 and was not discharged for several days after starting them.

My friend and neighbour had a hyster in 2000 and she was given HRT in pill form, Elleste Solo I think she said it was, straight afterwards.

Why are women no longer automatically given this replacement after a hysterectomy nowadays?

It was elleste solo I was given at 32, and honestly, once dr increased to 2mg because symptoms came back I was right as rain for 13 years, until I presume my ovaries went AWOL, and boy did it floor me, just to add I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be, or was pre meno

X

Hurdity

Good luck with your appointment with Nick Panay - AbbyH! of course you should be able to take HRT ie oestrogen and possibly testosterone as long as you want/need to if you are experiencing symptoms!

Hurdity x

abbyH

Thanks Hurdity!
Yes, I am sure he or his team will give good advice.. Shocking that it's such a lottery and scattergun advice/info

Women need to be direct and bloody persistent when it comes to getting what we need/want in menopause
I'm shocked too, by the misinformation I've been given... thankful for forum's such as this

Abby xx
Pages: 1 [2]