Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil  (Read 135638 times)

warwick01

Re: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your update ;) it really helps us newbies. I find Clarins Hydro Quench Day Cream (not Gel) great, you can buy it on line from allbeuyty.com cheeper with free delivery.

In my third week and yesterday was a good day but woke today feeling a little nausea a shaky. But I guess the first few weeks will be like this.

Annie - I have social Anxiety since post meno >:(  The first 2 weeks I had headache and dizziness, yesterday was better but one think I have noticed I don't have the foggy head feeling I had on my Oestrogel. I am also feeling my Libido is awakening....... ;D

Ladies please keep updatingWxx

Anjia

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »

Thanks all for your help it means so much to me Im looking for a consultant in my area to see private I cant go on like this I no my hormones are out of balance and I am so fed up Hurdity you mentioned my patch and I have to say I do make sure my skin is free from creams and dry so it sticks but have not much luck with it at all but what I have noticed is since my gp upped the patch from 50 to 75 when it does manage to stay on the night flushes are much worse! Last night was dreadful waking up with hot sweats do you think I am getting to much estrogen I am 56 and four years from my hysterectomy all I asked for was testosterone for libido so she changed patch to 75 and said no to testosterone sorry to ramble on but I thought I would be over all this now feel like crying x

warwick01

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »

Hi

Just wondering if I should change the time I take my Tibolone. I have been taking it at 10;00am and finding I feel worse from 9:00 - 13:00 maybe its because its lost its affect???? anyone find it better to take early evening??

Anja - if you click on the find a consultant tab at the top of the page...... may be helpful

Wxx

Hurdity

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »

warwick01 I can't find information to hand on the length of time to reach max concentration in the body but usually tablet HRT types taken daily, reach their max several hours after taking them and if you took it at night then the peak would occur while you were sleeping - if the same principle applies? Therefore night time might be better. Why not try and see? The compounds Tibolone metabolises to should reach a stable level in your body once you take it on a regular basis - although if you have digestive problems perhaps this might vary, like all tablet HRT  :-\

Anjia - so sorry to hear that you are suffering and that you have been refused testosterone. Did you say you had no ovaries? Please do ask for a referral to a gynae through the system if your own practice will not prescribe it - remember the NICE Guidelines make provision for this. Personally I would try the addition of T before changing completely to Tibolone, if I could - but obvs your decision and there seems to be plenty of experience now of Tibolone on here!

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »

I was actually advised to take Tibolone by Professor Lumsden who wrote the NICE guidelines, instead of adding Testosterone but of course every ladie's situation is different. It's not an immediate 'go to' in surgical menopause ladies, and just to clarify that there is NO licenced form of testosterone available for women in the UK at present apart from implants, so it's always prescribed on an off licence, discretionary basis. The exception of course is Testosterone implants, but these are not widely available and are only prescribed if estrogen only HRT is not adequately restoring libido.

This is all from the 'horses's mouth', so to speak.

Tempest

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »

So sorry you're struggling, Warwick! How are you feeling between 9.00 - 13.00?? Hugs!!! xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »

Thanks all for your help it means so much to me Im looking for a consultant in my area to see private I cant go on like this I no my hormones are out of balance and I am so fed up Hurdity you mentioned my patch and I have to say I do make sure my skin is free from creams and dry so it sticks but have not much luck with it at all but what I have noticed is since my gp upped the patch from 50 to 75 when it does manage to stay on the night flushes are much worse! Last night was dreadful waking up with hot sweats do you think I am getting to much estrogen I am 56 and four years from my hysterectomy all I asked for was testosterone for libido so she changed patch to 75 and said no to testosterone sorry to ramble on but I thought I would be over all this now feel like crying x

This isn't fair on you.  My GP admitted she didn't know enough on menopause/hrt/testosterone but wanted to help me.  She gave me 2 options, a referral to nhs gynae or she writes a letter saying no appt necessary but she needs advice.  Within a week a gynae (who I've never met) said she authorises either testosterone gel or Tibolone.  I opted for the gel but as my social anxiety has an impact on my life I'm trying Tibolone. plus patch for this, gel for that, pessaries, creams it was just getting ridiculous.

See your GP, tell them how we've been helped because there is help out there via the GP

Good luck my love, keep strong, this is 4.5 years now I've struggled and hopefully this will work for me.  If it doesn't then I may try without everything as oestrogen alone just doesn't do it for me x
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:30:09 PM by Annie0710 »

Annie0710

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »

Warwick I'm taking mine at bedtime, no precise time just when I get into bed.  X

warwick01

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »

Thanks Annie - how you feeling? any side effects?

Tempest - how are you feeling on Tibolone?

Pam - are you still taking Tibolone ? or did you decide not to carry on

Wx

Tempest

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

Amen, Annie! Anjia deserves the proper help for sure!  ;)

I was just illustrating there the different options available to us. My Consultant says there is nothing wrong with using an oral preparation and the increased risks of oral administration are still very, very small (even less with Tibolone). I know transdermal delivery is touted as 'superior' but the fact is that some women can't absorb properly via this route (me - as shown by my blood levels), don't feel happy using multiple products or can't access or are not eligible for implants. For you, using different products all the time was getting you down, and that is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE as women need to feel comfortable with their HRT and most importantly, it needs to deliver the benefits or else it isn't of any use to us.

How are you feeling on Tibolone so far, Annie? Does bedtime seem a good time for you and does the dose feel reasonably even? I'm rooting for you that this works out well! xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »

Hi, Warwick!

I'm starting tomorrow - after yet another horrible day limping by on the gel, I've decided to take the plunge. How are you feeling today and what's happening between 9.00 - 1.00 for you? xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »

Thanks Annie - how you feeling? any side effects?

Tempest - how are you feeling on Tibolone?

Pam - are you still taking Tibolone ? or did you decide not to carry on

Wx

Hi Warwick, I'm feeling ok.  I've had some headaches, but I'm a headachy person naturally, and I asked ENT man today if it's normal and he said it prob isn't the ears so I'm blaming Tibolone ! Nothing I can't handle but I do get headaches anyway so feel a bit bad putting blame on Tibolone !
I'm feeling ok so far x

Annie0710

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

Tempest, I'm feeling ok . No worse than pre Tibolone  and probably have a bit more energy than recent months but that just might be that I'm not at work while I'm deaf

ENT guy asked today if I feel poorly, so now that's him and GP kind of hinting  I should be feeling quite low healthwise.  I can tell I have 'something' but I seem to be fighting it and anyhow when you feel rough as I did over Xmas then improvements start you feel a bit hyper don't you ?

Tempest please keep us updated with your journey.... we need your input sweetie as much as you need ours, and if things go well for you we all want to celebrate with you

Dr gave me a diagram on how to put these nose drops in, maaaaan I have to dangle my head over the sofa so I'm upside down, put 2 in each nostril then stay there a few minutes, talk about dizzy, can't remember the last time I was ever in that position :-)

Xxx

warwick01

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2017, 05:37:05 PM »

Hi Tempest

Between 8;00 - 11;00 is probably worse regarding side effects, feel shaky, a little dizzy, a little nauseas. Although the first 7/10 days I felt like this most of the day  >:(

At the moment I am feeling good, not felt this good in ages....sooooo fingers crossed after 7 years of this journey the last 2 being almost agrophobic due to anxiety there is hope ;)

Good luck Wxx

Tempest

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2017, 05:52:49 PM »

Yahooooooooooo!!!!!! That is BRILLIANT news, Warwick!!! :) :) :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48