Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil  (Read 135627 times)

Tempest

Re: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »

Oh, and hi Warwick!  :)

How's it going for you today? xxxx

warwick01

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »

I Tempest,

Still on week 3.

I am suffering bilateral hip pain during the night.

Plagued with dizziness during the day so not going out. However when I have changed HRT or tried to reduce my oestrogel get the same dizziness, so not sure if its a side effect of Tibolone.

Also - and most scariest I'm getting these adrenalin surges that cause me to feel faint with tingling rising up my lege and my stomach goes into a knot (had 2 last night)

All threads Ive read say it takes a good few weeks to settle.

On a positive note....... nausea diarea gone.

Don't worry if you get some side effects as most people do.

Keep us updated

Wx

Anjia

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »

I had a hysterectomy four years ago now and been on estrodot patch the last two years.I have in the last few weeks had the patch upped from 50 to 75mcg because flushes came back and low libido but I find the patch a pain it keeps curling and coming off no matter where I place it ! hence flushes waking me at night also my libido isent good do you think I could should try tibolone ?

warwick01

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »

Hi Anjia,

For me I have been on various HRT over 7 years none have ever made me feel like the 'old me' patches always dipped after 2 days. Gel has been the best but for the last 2 years things have got progressively worse.

After reading lots of positive reports regarding Tibolone for post menopausal women on this and other sites, decided to give it a go ;) It's your decision. You can give it a try for several weeks and if it doesn't suit you, go back to your patch.

Will keep you updated

Anjia

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

Thanks I think I will give it a try I have an appt this afternoon with my gp hope she agrees to give it to me,like you have never found a balance with hrt I dident get on with gel at all and the tablet give me ibs so im hoping that wont happen with tibolone.

Tempest

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

Hi, Anjia!

It's certainly worth a try! I can't see any reason why GP should object. Patches were the worst for me. Good luck this afternoon! xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »

Hi Anjia

You should be able to get the patches to stick if you care for your skin so that there are no products interfering with the adhesive. I have always found butt cheek to be perfect - but depends on what nix you use - G strings and Brazilians are probably out of the question as your trousers or tights would then keep rubbing against the patch. My nix keep the patch stuck down!

If you have no libido then testosterone is recommended especially if you also had ovaries removed after your hysterectomy. Personally I would go down this route before trying Tibolone because it also breaks down into a progestogenic compound which you don't need having had a hysterectomy so there could be side effects which you can avoid if you see what I mean!

I would be interested to hear what your doc says - but have you ever asked for testosterone?

The only thing re Livial is that it is licensed whereas T gel is not so you might have more success getting it prescribed despite the prog Personally I would always want to go for the most "natural" product ie one containing compounds bio-identical with those in our own bodies - especially long term.

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »

Well total waste of time my gp would not prescribe tibolone she said its only for short term use and can only be prescribed by a gyny so then I asked about testosterone to go with my patch still no way she said shes not allowed to give me that either so shes sending me to see a gynecologist but how long will I have to wait for that!! What she did give me was an AD for anxiety but I dont want to take it my libido is low so whats the point ! so fed up.

warwick01

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »

Rubbish about Tibolone....... all GP's prescribe it, not all will prescribe Testrim. Is there another GP in the practice ??

AD are given out like sweeties these days. It really annoys me >:(

If you can afford it (cost about £80 100 to see a gyne privately) who will help you. Why suffer??

Wx

Anjia

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »

I was just thinking about going private its what I will do, its just so annoying that the gp was so clueless I really am so fed up with this going on and on Im getting nowhere if I go private will my gp then have to prescribe my HRT ?

warwick01

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »

Anjia

The Consultant can give you a prescription and will write to your GP.

My GP is lovely but admits she knows very little re menopause. She smiles and just asks me what I need as she said I am better informed  ;)

Wx

Suzanne1967

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:22 PM »

Hi all

Quick update

11 and half weeks on tibilone 2.5 and I am feeling much better 😉

Massive improvement aches and pains it's a miracle !

Nauseous dizzy etc gone ! And I felt horrendous first few weeks ! So stick  with it ....

Headaches gone !

Anxiety significantly improved

Sleep much better but am on 30mfs phenergan too ( no hangover effect!)

Concentration still clouded but improved

Eyes very dry and feel eyesight has deteriorated

Got my biopsy results today too nothing sinister 🙋🙋🍾🍾

Ups and downs and trying to embrace the new......I can't change the world me !

Have become less tearful

Agitation at times but significantly improved

Multitasking still compromised and brain fog at times

Found the house phone in the fridge after blaming the kids 😳

No weight gain but eating salads and porridge and I drink 3 litres water a day

Skin very dry 🙄 Any advice on good face creams ?

Libido still looking for it !

Sure many other things I've missed yet thoughg would add to the thread as see people are suffering just as I did those first few weeks were horrendous ! Hence starting the thread but brain shut down now 😳 And can't remember what I was going to add !😉

Onwards and upwards to all you fellow menapausal wonderful women x 😘😘

Suzanne x

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:11:26 PM by Suzanne1967 »

Tempest

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

That's rubbish in a way, Anjia but there IS a ray of light there as you're going to see a gynaecologist and I'm very confident that THEY will be able to sort things properly for you! I was told at Professor Lumsden's clinic a couple of days ago that there is no point persevering with an HRT if it's not delivering the benefits, and patches can be particularly problematic for us ladies who are in surgical menopause as the 'ups and downs' are more apparent upon changing patches and if they don't stick properly!

There shouldn't be a problem you having Tibolone for as long as you need it - the GP is talking rubbish! GP's are still 'catching up'  after the publishing of the new NICE guidelines, and boy - is there some catching up to be done! Don't be forced into taking the AD if you don't want to! Believe me, I've had it ALL suggested to me over the last few months!!!  >:(

Hopefully you shouldn't have to wait too long to hear when you'll be seen, but keep us posted won't you? And remember that there are ladies just like you here who can give you support.

Hugs! xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:15 PM »

Sounding good, Suzanne! Yayyy!!! You're an inspiration to us all. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderfully positive update and hooray for the biopsy results!! :spin:

Just wondering if the Phenergan can be contributing to the dry eyes/skin? It's a rather potent antihistamine! It might at least be adding to the problem, so well worth looking into......

xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 01:22:40 AM »

Hi ladies.....
I have a confession - I'm on day 13 of Tibolone.  I gave up on my estradot patch and testosterone gel

My reasons ? Increased hair loss, no libido results, and social anxiety still a mare although when the pharmacy gave me Tostran instead of Testim I felt that gave better results on wellbeing

Anyhow, I know hairloss will more than likely occur still on Tibolone BUT I can't let that rule my life like I've let social anxiety.  Menopause has caused all this so I've been reluctant to discuss it with any GP as I know they'll probably want to give me AD meds (they might not, but high chance they would) I don't want it masked, I want it eradicated. So I'm trying Tibolone

The reason I've kept quiet about starting it is because I wasn't feeling well with that cold virus going about, probably a silly time to start it in hindsight but there you go, that's me all over, think things over for weeks then I just go for it.  Well the day after I started taking it I got sinus trouble, great I thought, but then woke with the earache day 3 which led to both eardrums bursting and suffering severe hearing loss in both ears since (emergency referral to ENT tomorrow) and on top of all that I reacted very badly to the antibiotics so my body is trying to fight this infection with both eardrums perforated and no hearing, honestly this is the norm for me, I never have illnesses textbook style.

So, day 13 you'd think given my ailments I'd be on the floor, I'm learning to live (hopefully a shortlived time) with hardly any hearing, fiancé thinks I've wrecked the tv speakers as it needs to be on max volume for any chance for me to pick out odd words etc and I'm not being my usual 24/7 chatty self as I cant hear conversation plus I cant tell how loud I'm speaking, but I'm doing ok!

What I'm noticing which I'm putting down to ear problems are very occasional light headedness and nausea (seriously I'm talking 4 episodes max during this period), headaches on and off but I'm on paracetamol anyway for ear pains so when the headache strikes I take ibroprufen and that sorts it.  Sleep is iffy but I forgot to say this deafness has given me loud high pitch tinnitus in right ear and Musical tinnitus in left ear, I'm talking CONSTANT Land of hope and glory and rule brittania over and over again ! Not kidding, apparently it happens when a person suffers sudden severe hearing loss so problems sleeping 'may' be Tibolone or the fact my brain is bombarded with this music.

Hairloss, probably going to get worse, but it was progressing on oestrogen alone so I'm not sure where I'll go on that one, it may be the deal breaker to stop, I may get this added confidence that I actually can deal with it

Again, might be I'm a bit vulnerable and once again fiancé has stepped up to the mark and been my saviour but I cannot stop cuddling and carressing him knowing at any time he might drag me off to the bedroom ! He hasn't yet but I'm taking the chance and I'll follow him if he does lol

Have a very dry mouth, I've realised I've suffered this during peri and post and is this has probably caused my gum recession, but this is bad! So waiting for a delivery of tablets that stick to your gum and stimulate saliva production. I'm a nocturnal dry eye sufferer and not found this to be worse, yet.

Still on vagifem and Sylk , tried without Sylk but I need it. 

Energy, again coping with this infection without ABs but I've felt more active, I'm talking simple chores here that I didn't have the energy to do I'm wanting and doing these last few days.  Might be shortlived but it's a noticeable change in me. 

So, all in all I'd say so far so good.  Still getting the adrenaline rushes and find (I think) taking it at bedtime is best for me but I might play around still with timing.

Sorry it's so long winded but remember I could've posted 13 times !!!!

X
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48