Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol 50 and Fatigue  (Read 3040 times)

Bunnyp

Everol 50 and Fatigue
« on: November 08, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »

Hi all,

So I am on my 5th day of Everol 50, and I am completely wiped out. Yesterday was fine, but I feel so so tired. Im so frustrated and tearful. I thought this was supposed to make me feel better? Has anyone had this side effect? Does it last?

SO so tired of this.  :-\

-Bunny
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:42:35 PM by Bunnyp »

Dawncam

Re: Everol 50 and Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »

Hi Bunny - is it just oestrogen or does it have norethistetone too? It's usually the N that can make you tired.

Dxx

Bunnyp

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »

Hi Dawncam,

Its straight estrogen.

-B xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 07:56:51 PM »

Hi bunnyp - as you are peri-menopausal then you won't feel perfect all the time. The idea of the oestrogen is to give you a constant background dose so that it won't dip so low at the end of your cycle - but you will still be ovulating and so you will still be producing progesterone so your own hormones will still be fluctuating which can still cause symptoms.

If you want to eliminate these (fluctuations) to a large degree then you might be better off with the contraceptive pill - the ones with estradiol in them that are a bit like HRT. They do have large doses of progestogen in them though, which isn't for everyone, but at least you will be more stable, once your body has acclimatised. The two types are QLAIRA and ZOELY.

However you may well stabilise on the current patch you are using so hang in there for a bit longer - 3 months is the recommended time to try a particular type of HRT before deciding whether it is for you or not. Why not keep a diary of how you are feeling, and any side effects or symptoms. and see whether things improve over the next few weeks? Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Bunnyp

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »

Hurdity, Thanks so much. Yes, I will have to endure! I am going to make a diary, thats a really good idea.

Best to you

Bunny

laquesabe

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »

Day 5 of Evorel I eventually got out of bed at 3am after having my 7th hot flush from 9pm. Exhausted and fed up, I ripped the patch off my arse and thought I cant do this. I woke this morning feeling knackered. I cant seem to find anywhere where anyone has experienced even more hot flushes starting this patch ! Has anyone ? Is it just me ?.
The hourly through the night flushes started on day 2 of taking the patch so I'm assuming its connected.
Thanks for any help anyone and sorry that my reply is only vaguely connected to the original post xx

FoggyMoggy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

So sorry to hear that. They didn't work for me at first.  But I have persevered over a few more weeks and my gp said to try for a few months. The sweats have improved but not gone.  I am hoping they will improve more though. Hope yours will too  :)