Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feeling much worse on Femoston 2/10 Red and White pills  (Read 4163 times)

Elsiebear

Feeling much worse on Femoston 2/10 Red and White pills
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »

I've been on Femaston 2/10 for just over 7 months and i am getting exasperated with the rollercoaster of hormones they are sending me on .
I feel AMAZING on the RED pills which is the first 2 weeks but the WHITE ones are killing me .I feel so tearful ,stressed ,depressed ...well just about everything sad you can name whist taking the 2 weeks of WHITE pills.I hate life those weeks .I don't get a bleed until i restart the first of the next RED pack although it says you should get it some point during the WHITE days.

I desperately wish i could take the RED ones full time ....is there such a thing as doing that ..also i wouldn't have this stupid bleed every few weeks ,or the PMT leading up to it ..they was the two fantastic thing about peri that i loved ...no more bleeds or PMT !!

I only went on them hoping it would help with dizzy spells and anxiety, both of which my doctor won't take any notice of.The only thing its stopped is hot flashes

I really think im going to come off them .I think i was much better going though  it drug free before 

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling much worse on Femoston 2/10 Red and White pills
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »

Elsiebear - can you look at your packet and tell me what is in the different pills - are the white ones the oestrogen only pills? Are the RED ones the combined progesterone and oestrogen ?
Are you still peri menopause?
You could be one of those women that actually does better with the combined continuous HRT and if you are post meno then you could move to the Femoston conti version which would result in no bleeds after the first few months.
If your flushes were never that bad then maybe you would be better without HRT?!!
The dizzy spells could possibly be to do with something other than hormones e.g. low blood pressure, middle ear infection etc.
I think anxiety can be treated with a beta blocker or an SRRI or some CBT. 
It sounds to me that you really want to try without the HRT which is probably a good idea, so just take a break and see how you feel.  Concentrate on eating well, keeping sugars at the minimum - take long brisk walks and/or do some classes and do plenty of relaxation.  DG x

Elsiebear

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:16:29 PM »

Thanks ....the packet says

Oestradiol only tablets: Red tablets.
Oestradiol/dydrogesterone ; White Tablets.

Its  something in the white tablet that is horrible,as the 2 weeks go on I feel worse and worse every time then as soon as i take 2 or 3 Red ones im totally fine again

I think you are right to say the dizziness could have been something else because i came out of the blue and i took a cause of anti vertigo tablets at the same time as staring HRT so once the symptoms had gone away i just never new which tablet helped and i have stayed on it because i don't want to jinks the dizzy into returning .

The main reason i wanted to go on it was anxiety and feeling faint with sheer panic (often whist performing ,im a pro singer)and as i said before it hasn't helped those things at all so other than the odd hot flash i don't know what its doing good in my body

If i did stop it do i just simply stop or do i have to wean of it .How long would it take to get out of my body?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »

You can just stop the HRT if you want but finish a whole packet first - you will probably still get a bleed for a few days after your finish and this is simply you womb lining clearing out.  If you are still peri meno then you may still get the odd natural period and this would mean you are still producing some oestrogen yourself - the HRT hormones will drop off very quickly.  Taking a break to assess how you feel is often a good thing. 
You are obviously sensitive to progesterone so if you do try HRT again then you need to try something different.  I'm afraid the progesterone in Femoston is one of the kindest, so it's a shame ti didn't suit you, but there is Utrogestan which is bio identical and many women get on with this fine - however this made me quite sedated.
I would talk to your doctor again about the dizziness and anxiety - sometimes an SRRI can really help.
Good luck  Dg x