Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: internal shakes  (Read 9726 times)

linz57

Re: internal shakes
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

I've been on hrt for almost two years and until recently it calmed my insides and anxiety right down. Over the last two weeks it's all returned so I'm having blood tests to see if my thyroid is out of whack . I do think it's hormone related though.

Bo Snow

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 10:22:05 PM »

Glad I found this post. This is how I've been feeling for a while now. Had bloods taken and nothing showed except low vitamin D. As well as the adrenalin rushes my muscles clench involuntarily and ache from the tension. I just can't relax. Been post meno for 3 years and this is something new and scary...  :-\

linz57

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 11:38:23 AM »

I'm post meno too Bo Snow and my thyroid tests have come back normal so god knows what's causing it :-\

Valkyrie

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »

I sort of get this, like I've had a sudden rush of caffeine. Hot flushes soon follow. But my anxiety has increased with my meno. It was bad before as I have Dyspraxia. I do find the beta blocker Propranolol Hydrochloride helps. But it's not as effective as it used to be. I've spoken to a number of women who find drugs have stopped working so well since the meno!

i can't take HRT cause of DVT risks, so take an SSRI antidepressant. It's not a cure-all, but has helped me a lot. The one I'm on is Citalopram. I can't get on with any of the others. It takes 3-5 weeks for the side effects to go, but they start dropping off as the weeks pass. I wouldn't be without it now.

Alexxx

MaxineB

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 04:12:14 PM »

Well an update on my situation since I last posted.  No thyroid problem, had a slight urine infection which has been treated.  Still getting internal shakes.  Been backwards and forwards to the GP and still seeing my counsellor.  I went to the GP this morning to try and get him to send me for a blood test for hormonal imbalance but he has decided that I ought to try Ads - Sertraline.  I don't really want to take it.  This is starting to get me really down and makes me think I am depressed.  I still get an awful lot of down time then have my ups.  Any advice ladies
Pages: 1 [2]