Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: NHS Testosterone prescription. /Tibolone experience  (Read 61913 times)

Annie0710

Re: NHS Testosterone prescription. /Tibolone experience
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »

I haven't got my libido off the ground yet ! Started Tibolone NYE just gone but I've been on 1/2 tablet for a few weeks now but orgasm has been better on Tibolone. 

I have read on the internet that some women take 1+1/2 tablets and some even 2 tablets a day.  There's a lady on the forum whose gp prescribed Tibolone plus Testim too, and another who is doing very well on Tibolone and added testosterone but usually it's just the standard 2.5mg dose with nothing extra added in x

Blakeygray

« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »

Yes that's me I think. My libido improved then dropped off, then picked up again once I added daily blob of testosterone gel.

suzysunday

« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »

Really fed up as I had a gynaecology appointment a couple of weeks ago but couldn't really get my point about libido across as he wouldn't stop talking and listen.  Now I don't have another appointment for 6 months.   Felt so good about myself when my orgasms came back but now they are hard to achieve and are weak again.   I will contact my GP but don't know how much they can help.   Why is this happening when I'm taking the same amount of Tibolone now as then?   Been a terrible year with the atrophy and various side effects from vagifem, ovestin etc.   Self esteem is really low, got terrible acne from Tibolone and now my mojo seems to be saying goodbye again.   

Blakeygray

« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »

I'm sorry to hear this suzy, how is wish I could wave a magic wand for us all.  :'(

Blakeygray

« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »

Hi everyone. It's been a while so I thought I'd give an update on what's been happening with me and tibolone.

After finding a breast lump which has a-typical cells my gp instructed me to stop taking Tibolone until I had the all clear from the breast clinic. So I did and regretted it within three days as the night sweats and hot & cold  flushes returned.

I've been told the lump needs to be removed after having a vacuum biopsy (done under a local and more painful than root canal) several scans and mammograms.

I'm back for another scan this week (just take the bloody thing out already) three months after the lump was found, so it can't be serious I suspect.

Anyway I started taking the tibolone again as the flushes and sweats were unbearable, and  if the lump was anything serious I wouldn't be waiting so long for it to be removed. Temporarily not taking it has proved it works for me.

I don't believe the tibolone has anything to do with the lump as I've had a-typical cells and a lumpectomy over a decade ago.

Annie0710

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »

Hope you get on ok and results show nothing to do with Tib and not likely to come back

Just had my 2nd mammogram and do get relieved to see all is ok x

Blakeygray

« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »

Cheers Annie I'd hate to be told  to give up  tibolone permanently. 

Annie0710

« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »

Hope so not as you're doing well on it.  Maybe like you say they panicked (and good that they care) but that's a long wait if they're worried x

NorthArm

« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2017, 10:46:23 PM »

This is such an interesting thread!

Blakeygrey, I hope all the results come back benign for you xx. I cannot believe you lived with all those meno symptoms for all those years - poor you. And I'm so glad the tib/test combination is working for you.

I'm part way through my third week on tibolone, and have just swapped to taking it in the morning....it was fantastic for night sweats etc, but I've still been suffering awful morning and day anxiety starting from 4am and don't start feeling particularly normal until about 5pm! So seeing if swapping to mornings will help that.

Anyway, good luck with results xx

Blakeygray

« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »

Thanks NorthArm.

I'm back on the Tib and feeling much much better. It turns out that when I had the vacuum biopsy all of the lump was removed as it no longer shows up on my scans.

So just more monitoring and waiting to see if another lump returns.

suzysunday

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2017, 03:19:37 PM »

As I discussed earlier, my libido improved on Tibolone and orgasms, but then the orgasms faded after a few months.  In July I contacted my GP because of sensitivity/irritation round my clitoris.   She advised using the ovestin externally (while still on the Tibolone) round there and after a while the soreness has improved and I was very happy because I was able to orgasm again.  But as the GP was reluctant to give me too much Ovestin in conjunction with Tib. I have used very little of it the last couple of weeks, and guess what, I can't orgasm again.  I'm sure this must be because of the ovestin.  I'm back at the hospital for routine gyn appoint and want to carry on using the two together.  Anyone have any thoughts or experienced the same.  I was so much happier when I could climax.  It seems the Tibolone is not enough.  Really fed up .

Annie0710

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

I think your doc is wrong.  You can use ovestin and vagifem alongside hrt.  I used vagifem with Tibolone PLUS ovestin.  One pessary or dose of ovestin daily for a year is equivalent to just one hrt tablet .

Get your info printed and show your gp

suzysunday

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2017, 05:43:49 PM »

Do you mean the whole year together is equivalent to one tablet. Thanks for help.  Did you find improvement with orgasm using both?  Any weight gain or other side effects with them?

Annie0710

« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »

Yes I read or heard a dr on YouTube I can't remember that used daily for a year  is equivalent to 1 full hrt tablet , in other words it's not a problem

I didn't notice any difference I n orgasm or weight x

Hurdity

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

I agree that the oestrogen in local oestrogen is very low compared to HRT. The vagifem and 1 year thing is a bit inaccurate - I read that too - but what it's trying to say holds true ie vaginal oestrogen in negligible!  MY GP (whom I don't see  any more - sent me for blood tests once because I was on a 50 mcg oestrogen patch - (I am well post meno) and using local estriol twice a week (now on Vagifem) - prescribed by the really good gynae GP. She (the one I don't see) was worried I was getting too much oestrogen? Sometimes doctors are hard to argue with - this one is anyway - as she thinks she is so right!

The 1 year thing comes form the following calculation:

2 x 10 mcg Vagifem per week = approx 1000 mcg per annum = 1 mg = 1 low dose oestrogen oral tablet which is taken daily. However this is a very crude calculation because of the 1 mg oral oestrogen only a small proportion is absorbed systemically, and of the vagifem - there will be a greater proportion of this that is absorbed  - because it is a tablet attached to the vagina - but in terms of total amount - it certainly puts things in proportion!!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15