Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How have you got on with Femoston 2/10 ?  (Read 5881 times)

Elsiebear

How have you got on with Femoston 2/10 ?
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »

Sorry ,i'm sure this already will have a thread but i'm so new here and haven't had time to read many past threads yet
Just wanted to know how ladies have got on with Femoston 2/10 ?
I have been on it for 6 months and i'm really not sure if its worth carrying on as its not really helping with the two main problems i'm facing and they are Anxiety and light hardheadedness..... i am thrilled that its taken away the hot flashes but that's all its done !!
Am i thinking wrong expecting it to help with Anxiety and lightheadedness
Also i am not best pleased having to go through a bleed every month again when i'd been free of periods for almost 2 years !!
I always feel great on the 'Red' tablets (weeks 1 and 2 ) but terrible on the white ones ,they make me feel worse emotionally than i have in years and cause  terrible PMT which id been free of before,wish i could take red ones full time but doctor says because im only 42 i need to have a bleed week !!...great !

Any 'Femoston' experianced ladies out there shed any light ???
Thanks x

Milamam

Re: How have you got on with Femoston 2/10 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »

Hi Elsiebear, and welcome to the forum!
I am a Femoston 2/10 user, for  2.5 years now, and I am 45. My worst peri symptom was anxiety and dread. Femoston has worked wonders for me, including alleviation of anxiety. It has definitely improved my well-being in many directions, including sleep, sweats, jitters, racing morbid thoughts. Not everyone is the same though, so you shouldn't give up. There are so many suitable preparations that may work well for you.

There are also so many competent ladies here, who I am sure will give you great advice.

Best of luck! And keep posting!
Milamam

Elsiebear

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »

Thanks  Milamam ...nice to 'meet' you xx

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:17:33 PM »

I'm on femoston 1/10 have been for a year. Finding it ok thus far

Not sure about 2/10 though, it's the next step up for me

Regards 💙💙Ss X

Dollydream

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »

Hi Elsiebear and welcome

I'm sorry to say that I haven't had positive experience on Femoston and I was really interested to read your post about feeling lightheaded as the same thing happened to me.  I started taking Femoston 1/10 which is the lower dose version, 5 months ago and was thrilled when it helped with the hot flushes and aches and pains.  However, I had this awful lightheaded feeling every month during the first week to 10 days after my period which only wore off when I got into the 2nd half of the packet or the progesterone phase.  And the periods were heavy, painful and were getting worse by the month.  And don't get me started on the half a stone I put on, despite healthy eating and exercising. 

So last week, after weighing everything up, I threw in the towel and gave up.  I'm going to have a break now and may try the Mirena coil and separate oestrogen patches in the future when the hot flushes come back - and I'm sure they will!!  Maybe you could try the 1/10 version as it is a lower dose HRT to see how you get on.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever you decide.  DollyD xx

Elsiebear

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »

Hi Dollydream
I too am so at a loss as to know what to do. When I started the Femoston I really thought it would put an end to my faint feelings . I am so disappointed. I can't say it has caused the feelings though because I had them ages before I started it .
I'm just hoping that being on this forum I will be able to make a judgment through talking to others like yourself
Xx