Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estring  (Read 1669 times)

margaret

Estring
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »

I've been using Estring for three weeks now and it was working lovely, but in the last three days I've had the feeling that I need to wee a lot again, I don't have an infection as I bought some test strips just to check, but I also have the itching and burning feeling again, do you think it would be ok to use Replens to try and calm it down.

Thank you Ladies :(

Dancinggirl

Re: Estring
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »

I used the Estring for over 6 months - unfortunately I did find I got some thrush and BV with this which caused some itching and irritation - having something up inside all the time naturally encourages these types of infection,  However the Estring gives a more consistant amount of oestrogen so can be better overall.  I used plenty of Multi Gyn Actigel daily to help stop infections taking hold - I also removed it regularly to wash it - inserted some Multi Gyn before replacing the Estring after waging.
I have now returned to using Vagifem and use it 3 times a week as this seems to work OK.  I still use Sylk every day to help keep things healthy and moisturised.  Dg x

margaret

Re: Estring
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »

Thank you dancinggirl, I think I'll remove it as you say but I will use some Estriol cream  I have just for one night before I replace it and see how that goes, just when I think I've found something that works it's a bit disappointing. x