Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Something for Acid Reflux and GERD.  (Read 3328 times)

Kathleen

Something for Acid Reflux and GERD.
« on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »

Hello ladies.

I learnt something today that I thought may be of interest to all you ladies who suffer with Acid Reflux or GERD.

I was chatting to my elderly neighbours who are about to try something called D-Limonene to treat their digestive issues. Both were recently taking Omeprazole but have been told to stop using it so were looking for an alternative to try. Their fifty year old daughter visited them yesterday and she told them that she has started taking D-Limonene and it has worked really well for her so she has recommended it to them.

I don't have either of these conditions myself ( yet lol ) so I can't report back but anyone interested may want to do some research.

I think I'm allowed to post this information as basically it's a food stuff, concentrated citrus peels I think and various manufacturers package the ingredients into different formulas. If I have broken any Forum rules I apologise and feel free to delete this post.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

samweller161

Re: Something for Acid Reflux and GERD.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:06:51 AM »

Have you tried going gluten free?  My husband had terible acid reflux and this sorted him out - he only takes the tablets if he is eating out.  Oddly enough, eating abroad hardly ever affects him!

Just a thought

SP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:12:34 PM »

Dr James in the Telegraph yesterday was talking about Omeprazole - of course I've thrown away the article this morning  ::).

I swear by Rennies or Milk of Magnesia, as well as not eating/drinking too close to bedtime as laying down starts reflux for me  :-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »

I have haitus hernia and been taking the old ranitidine for nearly 30 years to control the acid reflux - I cannot take the newer ppi drugs due to severe side effects.  I have to stick to a rigid diet because so many foods like oats/cake/alcohol and none gluten free bread give me bad acid.
I will now go off and google as well ;D