Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Pregnancy Tests  (Read 5665 times)

toffeecushion

Pregnancy Tests
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »

Just wondered how many of you spent money on loads of pregnancy tests during the perimenopause?  They cost so much but you've just got to know haven't you.

Sweetscarlett

Re: Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:20 PM »

Me toffee cushion, deep down I knew what the result would be , but that 3 or 4 minute wait still sets you on edge !
💜💜Ss X

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »

I reckon they must sell more to menopausal women than younger women lol

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

Never! Fortunately I was too old - as I didn't start skipping periods until age 52 ish maybe 53? I know I would have done had I been younger though - as I didn't normally miss them except for pregnancy/breast-feeding. They did stop for 3 months once when i went travelling after university - for 3 months. Weird - but I knew I wasn't pregnant.....

Hurdity x

lily

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »

No, hubby's vasectomy took care of that. Did buy a few of them in the past though, not cheap.

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 12:08:02 AM »

Not me.

Contraceptive rods age 28
Sterilised aged 30
Hysterectomy aged 32

X

walking the dog

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 07:05:02 AM »

Same as lily my hubby had vasectomy...phew 😌 I can imagine its scary though thinking your pregnant at a later age

Elizabethrose

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »

When my youngest was having the dreaded swimming lessons at about 3 years, I met a woman whose twin sons were in the same class. We chatted week after week in the gallery as the children were swimming below and her story was the deciding factor in my husband's vasectomy.

She had had her family in her 20s and her children grew to adulthood and moved away. She had thought she was perimenopausal, missed periods etc etc. At 50 it was discovered she was pregnant with twin boys and both lads were born with difficulties. Lovely boys, lovely lady but life was very hard for her especially as peri did indeed kick in soon after the birth.

My husband drove himself to the hospital asap and I'm so very pleased he did because that was 20 years ago and I'm still peri at 57.