Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Odd spotting while on HRT  (Read 2592 times)

Michelle46

Odd spotting while on HRT
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »

Hi ladies
I am using oestriogel and utrogestan for 12 days of the month.  I have a bleed after 3 days of finishing the utrogestan. This month I've noticed I've got light spotting  and a browny discharge when wiping myself days after I finished my monthly bleed, this has never happened before. Any answers please x

da66

Re: Odd spotting while on HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »

I don't know anything about the details of this and am not yet on systemic HRT myself but I do work in a fertility clinic and this sort of spotting is very common with women who have hormone imbalances so I would say it's a common reaction of the body when hormones are not quite how they should be.

Michelle46

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »

Thankyou very much x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

Michelle46 - this is exactly the problem I had.  Utro doesn't seem to be as good at controlling the cycle so sometimes results in erratic spotting or bleeding - especially if used orally. This can be a nuisance. Dg x

Michelle46

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »

Dancinggirl
This has only happened this month. How long have you had the spotting for?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »

When you say you had the discharge after you've finished your monthly bleed - how long was it (the bleed) and was it the same as usual? My (HRT) withdrawal bleeds always come in two stages. I get the first flow - quite heavy for a day or two and then fades away after 3-4 days. Then nothing - and then I get a day of discharge and another bit of flow (which can be red) - which (still) takes me by surprise as I need to put another tampon in. It's all part of the same period. In fact my natural periods started doing that towards the end - as they got lighter. If it's only a day or so after finishing and only goes on for another couple of days then it's part of the same period and I wouldn't say it was spotting as such - which would be bleeding or discharge occurring at a separate time or on and off continuously. It may well be the way things are going to be from now on - or sometimes anyway!

Hurdity x

Michelle46

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
My bleed finished 5 to 6 days ago then I noticed dots of red blood and a dark coloured show. It's not loads. I've had this 2 days now. I'll be prepared now x

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 07:55:43 PM »

Michelle46, I had a similar experience of dark blood at the end of a period once and I found a website that said it is quite normal to get old blood at the end of a period.  Don't worry about the stop/start thing that goes on with your periods either, I find this happens more now and it is a less even flow that it was pre-menopause.  It often seems to be light in the afternoon and then heavier at night.