Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Whoops utestrogen  (Read 1526 times)

Tinkerbellj

Whoops utestrogen
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »

Ok so I  am on dr studd regeime of 4 pumps daily with progesterone fpr 7 dsys every other month but I think I have miscalculated in that I was due to take progesterone next week bit my period has arrived today on its own and when  I checked I think I should have started.progesterone yesterday. So should I take it tonight or let my period come on its own? Its just spotting amd cramps but I know its on its way!!!!! My last period was 19th august thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:12:58 AM by Tinkerbellj »

Dancinggirl

Re: Whoops utestrogen
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »

This may well be breakthrough bleeding that often happens when the lining has built up too much and is breaking away as a result. You are on a very high dose of oestrogen with very little progesterone to counter this so I would certainly start the Utro and possibly use it for a full 12-14 days to ensure a proper bleed which will clear out your lining.  I got this problem when I tried using Utro for fewer days on a long cycle and I was only using one pump of gel per day.  If bleeding persists then you need to get in touch with Studd for advice. DGx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »

Hi dancing girl
I phoned my.meno clinic and they basically said the same so I  started the progesterone last night.  The 4 pumps r supposed to knock down my own hormones as I am peri but I really feel that its too much as in I feel pregnant all the time!! Plus its done nothing for my moods or joint pains. Did have testosterone but stopped it as I felt no benefit at all! Seriously considering some type of pill?   Not good with progesterone but I feel better on it today  have been really wired and emotional all the time. So full of anxi ety sooo not like me but jas been for two years now :-\

Liz

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

This is the problem is get with HRT (well, mainly Utro)..... been off it a week and feel so much less emotional and much better mood.  Just keeping my fingers crossed re. the physical symptoms, but it may have to be a choice for me..... better moods or less flushing etc.  Very annoying, isn't it......

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »

Nightmare liz x