Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: vagiflem  (Read 2361 times)

robotwars

vagiflem
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:57:17 AM »

Hi! Just a quick question, I'm now on day 5 of using this, I just wanted to check if its usual to start bleeding, as I'm now on very heavy and haven't had period for months..... I had stomach cramps on day 3 and 4 then came on on day 5..... I'm using it for 2 weeks at the moment every day. thanks

ancient runner

Re: vagiflem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:37 AM »

If it's a proper period and it's come on at that speed I think it must be coincidence. Vagifem is oestrogen - that builds up your womb lining. Progesterone is the hormone which brings on a bleed.
Periods do pop up out of nowhere sometime. Hope you had supplies!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »

Some ladies have cramps with Vagifem …… don't know about a bleed though.  Ring your GP or a local Pharmacist?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »

As ancient runner says it sounds like a period - Vagifem is a tiny amount of oestrogen and in the very very rare cases that it causes endometrial build-up, this would take  a long time since the amount of oestrogen is tiny and the lining of the womb would have to be very thick to cause oestrogen breakthrough bleeding! Did you have any period signs apart from the cramps?

I would suggest coincidence also. How long since your last period and when before that? This is the sort of thing that happens in peri-menopause - ie random periods!

Hurdity x