Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Prof Studd Regime Question  (Read 2779 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Prof Studd Regime Question
« on: September 22, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »

Hello,

Hi everyone, I saw Dr Savvas at Prof Studd's clinic last month & I'm now on the oestrogel, Utrogestan & Testim. I understand about the usage of both the Testim & Utrogestan but do I apply the oestrogel EVERY single day? E.g. When it is time to use Utrogestan, when I have a bleed etc? I.e. I take no break days from either Oestrogel or Testim?

I just wanted to check my understanding was correct. I emailed the clinic two days ago & will chase unless someone on here can kindly clarify?

I'm feeling better than I was this time last month but it's only marginal at the moment as I can feel that I'm in that part of my cycle where my natural progesterone is at its highest. This is when I feel very tired & generally unwell because of low oestrogen. I'm hoping that another couple of months & my oestrogen levels would have built up a bit to be a bit more in balance with progesterone.

Thanks for your help!

Tinkerbell

Re: Prof Studd Regime Question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:14:04 PM »

Yes you need to use the Estrogel every day, no break days. How many pumps do you need to take? I do three pumps, I split the dose, two at night and one in the morning.

Unless you are on continuous Utrogestan you will have a bleed a few days after stopping it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:16:08 PM by Tinkerbell »

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »

(Almost) All HRT entails continuous oestrogen whether patches pills or gel.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Snap Tinkerbell I see we  posted at the same time!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »

Snap back Huridity :)

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »

Thank you ladies, that makes sense & has put my mind at rest 😊

I'm on two pumps of oestrogel a day at the moment but when I go back in Nov they said they may increase it. They wanted my thyroid to be more stable (which it is now) so we didn't get confused with symptoms as I I initially seemed to react badly to the oestrogel. Now my thyroid is more stable I can't get enough of the oestrogel so I'm quite looking forward to having it increased! My oestrogen was less than 19 before starting the gel, no idea what it is now & presumably I should ask my GP for another test before I go to the clinic again? (To save some cash! Or perhaps Dr Savvas will work on symptoms alone.....not sure if I should get another test done or not!) Any ideas?

Thanks again 😀

slow

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »

Just seeing if you're still on MM, Blue Kinfisher, as I'd love sn update :)

I'm following with interest as I'm keen to find a Prof Studd-trained or aligned gynae / endo to help get my levels of everything in a better balance.