Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone switched to tablet from gel oestradiol with good results?  (Read 1673 times)

Dawncam

Anyone switched to tablet from gel oestradiol with good results?
« on: September 19, 2016, 05:02:43 PM »

Thinking about switching to tablet oestradiol after mixed results with transdermal. Anyone had better results?

Tempest

Re: Anyone switched to tablet from gel oestradiol with good results?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:38:01 PM »

Hi, Dawncam! I'm switching the other way at the moment after trying oral HRT, but I tried Premarin. Premarin for me was a difficult one! I'm not ruling out oral estradiol if need be next though. I'm using Estrogel again right now as a 'stop gap' as I don't t think I'm getting consistent coverage with transdermal gel. I've not tried patches as yet as I have issues with sticking plasters already, and the one we were considering (Estradot) seems to have sporadic problems with supply issues.

What are you using right now, and what are you thinking of trying next?

Dawncam

Re: Anyone switched to tablet from gel oestradiol with good results?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 09:08:26 PM »

Hi Tempest - thanks for your reply. I've used oestrogel and estradot patches separately for over a year now.

The patches are good but seem to cause more bloating and water retention. The gel seems to work sporadically. I've tried sequi and conti utrogestan alongside but again, after about 2 weeks conti I run into trouble with spotting and other related side effects. I'm at the point of stopping everything and starting again.

Dxx