Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hot in a cold room  (Read 1930 times)

elainewin

Hot in a cold room
« on: September 16, 2016, 09:07:28 AM »

This heat i feel is driving me mad, more of a problem at bedtime, I have the room nice and cool ,ice pack at the ready.
Lay down to sleep and within 5 minutes this intense heat comes from nowhere , takes so long to cool down again,getting out of bed ,patting my self with a cold flannel , only to get back in bed ,then bam 10mins later hot again, i don't actually sweat maybe a bit on my forehead ,its the intense heat i cant take .
I was on fluoxetine for a few months which did help,just wondered if this is more to do with anxiety than menopause, cant take hrt it don't agree with me terrible mood swings, getting to stage cant take no more ,anybody out there please with helpful solutions tried all the herbal things ,they don't work.I am 55 and had a period 4 months ago so i guess still classed as peri. also my feet are constantly burning hot day or night .

puddlesmum

Re: Hot in a cold room
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »

OMG yes that's what started happening to me which I why I went private to get BHRT.  I had similar last night but I think it was more anxiety driven.  But they are horrible. I think they were the worst as I just couldn't get any sleep after it happened.

But the ones I got were definitely peri related as last nights wasn't the same, just similar.  I think though if you need to take something be it AA or ADs then take them. Can't get any worse.

Big hugs xx
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:06:57 PM by puddlesmum »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »

It does sound like hot flushes which can then eventually go on to hot sweats. I had a couple of years of intense heat with no sweating. It started off at night - a bit like you but every twenty minutes - and then progressed to day time. After a few months of that it changed to sweating as well - delightful - every twenty minutes. This is when I finally went onto HRT and then wished I'd used it much earlier.

Fluoxetine is known to curb hot flushes so this could be why it is worse now you have stopped it?

Sorry that you had problems with HRT - which types did you try? It can take quite a few months to find the right one.

Taz x

elainewin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »

Thank you Taz,Elleste 1mg ,mentioned to dr to try something else but she said no point as i would still have to have progestin , so would just have the same problems.so i went on flouoxitine ,which it did work with in a week the hotness calmed down , but fluoxitine had problems of its own, light sleep,felt awake all night ,didn,t mix well with alcohol even on the rare occasions i had a few drinks felt like i had drank loads dizzy spells feeling sick .
Seems there is no were for me to go now,dont think dr has a clue about menopause as she said dont worry it will be over soon as i am 55 not helpful really.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »

What a silly GP!

The HRT you were given is notorious for causing pmt type symptoms, depression, irritability etc in some women - me included. I would say arm yourself with info from this site and then go back to your GP and ask for a different type of HRT. Someone will be along soon with their advice. I got on well with FemSeven which are patches (although they do have problems sticking sometimes) and the progesterone element of this one didn't give me any mood swings etc. at all. Others like the gel plus utrogestan as the progesterone.

Don't give up!

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »

I agree - your GP needs a good shaking! How very dare she! There are plenty of HRT types out there

I went onto HRT just a little younger than you elainewin at almost 54 - in late peri-menopause and went straight onto patches. Firstly I tried Evorel sequi for three months - which has the same progestogen as Elleste and I didn't get on with that. I then started Estradot 50 patches (tiny) along with progesterone - now available as utrogestan and have been on this combo ever since ( now 63).  The mood swings will lessen as you get closer to menopause as your own hormones will be surging less.

All the different HRT types are listed under Treatments/HRT preparations - above tabs.

Hurdity x

elainewin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »

Thank you Hurdity,I am not going to suffer no more ,going to write down the things you have mentioned and give it another try and put my foot down need help and thats it x