Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed  (Read 2292 times)

riverrunsfree

Femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:12 PM »

Just wondered if any of you have experience of when the bleed happens  on femoston 1/10 and if it is heavier or lighter than before?

Does anyone use tranaxamic acid along with Femoston during the bleed? Is it safe to combine these two..my pharmacist didn't know for sure xxxx

Dollydream

Re: Femoston 1/10 withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »

Hi riverrunsfree

I'm 51 and have been on femoston 1/10 for 3 months.  For me, at first the withdrawal bleed started on the second packet on day 3 of the white oestrogen tablets, but  last month started a little earlier on the last day of the grey tablets - not sure why.  I am finding the periods fairly heavy, a lot heavier than a withdrawal bleed on the contraceptive pill, but over and done with in 4-5 days and some people don't even experience periods at all. 

DollyD x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:53:36 PM »

Hi riverrunsfree and welcome to MM
If you have problematic bleeds i.e. very heavy, then having a Mirena fitted may be a better way to go and then you can simply add oestrogen as pills, patch or gel to control flushes etc.  You may find that Femoston will regulate things over the next 3-6 months and the bleeds will become less severe but if you have endometriosis, fibroids or polyps then tablet or patch HRT can make bleeding worse. 
I would try your first month or two on the Femoston and see how it goes.   DG x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »

Thank you Dancinggirl and Dollydream....that is really helpful. So good to be able to speak to others going through same issues. xxx