Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 & Periods  (Read 2564 times)

Dollydream

Femoston 1/10 & Periods
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:41:16 AM »

Hi ladies

I'm 51 and have been on Femoston 1/10 for 3 months and most things have improved.  However, I am finding the periods quite heavy and although they only last 5 days, they are quite intense with stomach cramps.  The last two periods have also made me feel quite lightheaded which went on and off for a week after.  I wondered whether I was lacking in iron, so have been taking iron in a multi vitamin which has helped a little.  I've got a doctor appointment this afternoon and wondered whether maybe moving onto Femoston 2/10 would help with the periods.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dollyd x

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 1/10 & Periods
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »

The higher dose may well make the periods heavier - I'm afraid the withdrawal bleeds can be more painful and quite heavy when on HRT (not sure why) - we area all different and respond differently.  There are compromises with HRT and putting up with the bleeds and how you feel when you stop the progesterone phase is just one of these.
However if you are peri meno, once you get deeper into meno then the periods may get less troublesome.
It's worth looking at your diet to see if you are lacking anything but your body is still adjusting to the HRT - it's early days. DG x

Dollydream

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »

Thanks DG, the last thing I need is heavier periods!! Will see how I get on at the doctors x

RedFraggle

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 07:00:29 AM »

I'm on the 2/10 and for the first few months periods were heavier but it has settled down now. I'd see where you are after 6 months.