Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New DM article and MM mentioned!  (Read 4845 times)

Tempest

Re: New DM article and MM mentioned!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. And um, yeah. Jenni Murray. Loads of BC risk factors right there even before the HRT, dare I say. It's about looking at the WHOLE, as Dr. Currie says.

zelda

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:09:39 AM »

I am not happy that Jenny Murray has so much influence as she is very anti HRT, I sympathise that she got BC but there are obviously a lot of other factors in her life that may well have caused it but she insists on blaming HRT and at the same time scaring the life out of women regarding the risk of taking it.

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:14:14 AM »

I wish we had a like button on this forum!

peegeetip

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 09:35:19 AM »

This quotes from the article are just annoying and patronising ;)

‘IF YOU'RE OVERWEIGHT YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK HRT'

&

‘ADDRESS DIET AND LIFESTYLE BEFORE CONSIDERING DRUGS'

Care to guess how many woman are unhappy with their weight - especially when docs have not allowed us early HRT - making weight gain worse.

I've been trying to get my diet and lifestyle correct for the last 40 years. Not like the establishment have been consistent on that either.

You might like to rethink your profession ;)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »

The patronising tone really annoys me......I would love it if a healthy diet/exercise cured my awful vaginal atrophy.
In fact exercise makes it worse...swimming and cycling are a no no, both of which I used to do a lot of :'(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:13:10 AM by Tinkerbell »

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »

Here here tinker bell.

No one knows what severe VA is like unless you have it , and they only answer to " manage " it is HRT .

I used to have a horse , can't do that now or wear jeans or have sex .

My bits where disappearing luckily the HRT rejuvenated them but this whole HRT business makes me 😡😡😡😡😡 no one wants to take drugs , and I can tell you no one wants a 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 vagina either.

Set there bits alight and see if there only hope of leading a Better  life was HRT , the would also be using it ASAP.

I am so mad about this I am considering doin something about it all TBH. I have discussed it with my family and they are in total agreance.

Half the population have vaginas , almost everyone was delivered through one , so this issues needs bringing out there.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »

Maryland....I can't manage on topical oestrogen for my bits....I have to throw everything at it.

Lucky them...obviously not felt the burning soreness from just walking around the supermarket, having to sleep with wet flannel between your legs etc etc  :'(
They are probably all  from the same brigade who think it is just a touch of dryness and a dab of lube will sort it.....I wish >:(

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »

I use systemic HRT , vagifem 5 a week and ovestin as and when.

Plus hyalofemme 2 xs a week , and moisturise down there twice a day.

As my episiotomy scars looked like they were about to split. 😳

V- Magic is a very good for the Perinium area , expensive but lasts along time.

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »

Unbelievably, the surgeon who did my Oopherectomy thinks this about VA too! Unreal, isn't it? He told me to buy the 'Yes' product off the internet. >:( >:( >:(

Tinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:18:10 PM »

That is shocking....wonder if he would find 'yes' suitable for a sore burning you no what >:(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:20:19 PM by Tinkerbell »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 01:01:58 PM »

She's had a lot of media coverage since the 'anti' HRT article surfaced.  Like because she had BC HRT should be banned?  If she wants to suffer then that is her choice but don't push it down my throat that I shouldn't consider HRT and one can be prescribed it even so ……  Quality of Life ladies, Quality of Life.

I read her comments in The Telegraph   :sigh:

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »

I don't like what I have seen of her but I don't take a lot of notice....... :-\

Maryjane

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:42 PM »

I have just sent an email ( long ) to Professoer Kilm in the article , all about the state of my bits , and the " other side " of menopause that is hush hushed . Vaginal flipping atrophy. 😡😡😡😡😡

They are all going to get one.

I have Marion's natural menopause book , it says in her book of you have VA then only oestrogen can sort that out , doesn't in the article though . Unless I missed it .

But she's getting one also.

Tempest

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »

Yayyyyyyy, Maryjane!!! You go, girl!!! You'll let us know of their replies? ;)

Pages: [1] 2