Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Night Sweats  (Read 1691 times)

margaret

Night Sweats
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »

I started the Menopause four and a half years ago and I feel like things are getting worse instead of better, still waking up around four in the morning with night sweats, heart fluttering and feel like I have a hangover most of the time and to crown it all off I started with vaginal atrophy in February and water infections, had my bladder checked in hospital a few weeks ago and it's perfectly healthy the doc has put me on local HRT and it has been much better, I'm finding it hard to feel happy about most things as I don't know from one day to the next how I'm going to feel and it's made me stop making plans, I'm nearly 57  :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:10:26 AM by margaret »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Night Sweats
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:50:44 PM »

Oh have a  :bighug:

4 me, vaginal atrophy was the easiest symptom to rectify with localised treatment, I have used Ovestin1mg successfully, initially the 2 week loading followed by every 3rd/5th or 6th night with the occasional requirement to have 3 consecutive nights if symptoms threaten to return.

Were they water 'infections'?  VA can mimic those because the bladder becomes irritated by the skin thinning due to oestrogen levels dropping.

Have a browse round.  Make notes!  Do you still get periods?  Maybe consider HRT to see if symptoms can be relieved?

Perhaps make a list of symptoms as well as keeping a mood/food diary so that you are able to chart ups and lows? 

I try not to plan any further than half a day at a time!