Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Reduced progesterone from 14 days to 10 days  (Read 1722 times)

Michelle46

Reduced progesterone from 14 days to 10 days
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:51:16 PM »

Hi
I felt all jittery on 100mg of progesterone for 14 days of the month so I changed to 10 days. When on 14 days my bleed would start 2 days after I stopped. I finished the last tablet of 10 days on Sunday . I don't know when I will bleed. It's a nightmare as on holiday in Majorca. I also reduced my estrogel from 2 pumps to 1 this week. What are anyones thoughts please? X

Liz

Re: Reduced progesterone from 14 days to 10 days
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:52:39 PM »

Not sure what to suggest, but I'm wondering why you're on 100mg instead of 200mg?  I'm off to Menorca in 3 weeks and worried about having a bleed then as well.  Hope you still manage to enjoy your holiday.

Liz

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »

Thanks Stellajane.  I'm actually on the Utro phase at the mo, (although I missed it last night), so hoping that will give me a bleed before I go.  I will delay next months Utro by a week though, as I don't want to be faffing with progesterone whilst on holiday.

Michelle46

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 09:48:01 PM »

Thanks Stella
Can i actually use the utrogestan vaginally? I'm confused about the amount of utrogestan I should be using. Some say 200mg is too high and some say 100mg is not enough x

clare663

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »

Hi Stellajane. Just noticed your comment as I was flicking through. I too am 5 yrs postmeno but was told I had to take the utrogestan 100mg for days1-25 which was too much. On your regime, do you have a bleed?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »

What dose of oestrogen do you take Clare663? 100mg taken orally for 25 days out of 28 is the standard postmenopausal regime which should work for a medium dose of oestrogen - but depends on your absorption of course. In practice many docs actually say you can take it every day but some women might get a slight bleed on the 3 days off if the lining has thickened. If you want to take it cyclically you need only take it for 12 days - but then you may well get a bleed and the licensed dose is actually 200 mg orally when taken like this. Some gynaes advise it's OK to take 100 mg if used vaginally on a cyclical basis as more is absorbed. If you are on a high dose of oestrogen then a higher dose of progesterone would be needed. Sorry does that sound garbled?

Hurdity x