Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HELP......  (Read 4010 times)

Wantmylifeback

HELP......
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:52 AM »

Hi Ladies

I have not been around for a while as things have been going particularly well for me since changing from patches to gel.  I had my first appointment with the meno clinic which went well and I felt well listened too and supported.  At the appointment the consultant recommended that I increase to 3 or 4 pumps a day from my 2 pumps.  I have done this (8th August), going to 3 pumps and then this week to 4 pumps.  I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but a lot of my previous symptoms have returned, high anxiety, lethargy, back ache.  I feel like I have just gone back to where I was before I started on HRT.  Can anyone help with advice please.  I am due to go away to Majorca with the girls this weekend and I was really looking forward to it, but now I just want to curl up and disappear.

Wantmylifeback x

Tinkerbell

Re: HELP......
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 09:45:36 AM »

Were your symptoms controlled on the two pumps a day? If so I would go back to that dose, especially for your weekend away.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »

Yes they were tinkerbell, could it be the increase that caused the anxiety?

WMLB

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »

I had read that Oestrogen can make you feel jittery..I might be wrong on that.
If your symptoms are controlled on 2 pumps I would stick to that dose.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »

Hi Ladies

I will go back to the 2 pumps and hopefully that will settle these symptoms.  I have been getting on well, energy levels returned, interested in things and feeling like I had a bit of control again, and this week has just set me right back  :-\

WMLB

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:37:50 AM »

Did doctor say why you should increase ? They normally like you to stay on the lowest dose possible if your symptoms are controlled.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 10:43:40 AM »

It was the consultant at the meno clinic that said I should increase after reading my pre-clinic questionnaire.

dazned

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »

If you felt your symptoms were controlled on 2 pumps and you were doing well then stay on 2 pumps. In an ideal world you should be on the lowest amount that keeps symptoms at bay. If it aint broke....... !  ;)

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »

2 pumps of gel is enough for most people so I would go back to that if you were happy with it before.  It is strange that your doctor suggested you increase the dose without giving you a specific reason.

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 08:53:03 PM »

I would certainly go back into the dose you feel comfortable with. Feeling good and having good symptom control is the main objective of HRT, after all.

Have a wonderful time in Majorca!😊