Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan/estorel/testosterone Feeling terrible  (Read 3207 times)

zen

Utrogestan/estorel/testosterone Feeling terrible
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi
I am on Prof Studds regime.  For the first two months I got on quite well on the estrogel and testosterone.  I introduced 100mg of utrogestan on July the 1-7 and didn't feel great and didn't have a bleed for 20 days after I finished the utrogestan.  This month I took the utrogestan form 1-7 August and still haven't had a bleed.  Since staring the progesterone on 1st July I have felt progressively worse and worse and now I feel severely depressed and very agitated and very hormonal/PMT ish.  I suspect the progesterone has strongly disagreed with me. I am getting no good days at all:-((  Prior to this I was on Angelique and struggling but felt nowhere like as bad as this.  My main problem since my periods stopped 7 years ago (I am 53) has been mood problems with depression and terrible agitation.  My problem is all complicated but the fact I have had ME for 22 years and it is getting worse and worse which is very depressing in itself as I am housebound a lot.  I have also had thyroid problems since the menopause.  I am due to speak to Proff Studd on the phone on Tues but am at my wits end. I am wordering if it is worth paying for a follow-up £250 consulation when I am feeling so awful on the regime.  I am SO disappointed.  My G.P is suggesting changing anti-depressant.  Oh to feel normal....!

I feel for you all going through this.

Best wishes to you all and thanks for listening.

Liz

Mary G

Re: Utrogestan/estorel/testosterone Feeling terrible
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »

Welcome to MM.

Sorry to hear that this regime is not working out for you.  I am a patient of Professor Studd and on the same regime except I now take the Utrogestan every 5 weeks to spread it out and make it bearable.

Firstly, I think you should explain how bad you feel when you ring him on Tuesday.  How are you taking the Utrogestan vaginally or orally?  I think it works better when taken vaginally and has far fewer side effects when used in that way.  You could speak to him about that.

I hate all forms of progesterone used in HRT preparations and don't really get on with any of them.  Not much consolation I know but if you can find a dose that suits you under his supervision, you might be able to find something you can live with. 

Like you, I was taking Angeliq for quite a while and it worked at first but then I found I wasn't getting enough oestrogen out of it and had to add an oestrogen patch but even then I felt pretty half baked. 

I think you need to tell Professor Studd how unhappy you are and ask if perhaps you can have a good long run on Oestrogel only in order to get back on an even keel.  You could then introduce the Utrogestan vaginally and that might make a difference.  He might suggest a different type of progesterone which is another option. 

Please let us know what he says.

zen

Re: Utrogestan/estorel/testosterone Feeling terrible
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply Mary.

I am taking the utrogestan orally.  I have been having biofeed back which I know not everyone believes in but I have a great practitioner and her machine was saying that the progesterone was really disagreeing with me which is my feeling too. I also wondered if its normal to wait so long for a bleed after taking it.

That's interesting about the Angelique.  I was only taking the basic tablet without the extra patch but I think the progesterone in it suited me better.

Will let you know what Prof Studd says

I do hope you are benefiting from the regime.

Liz