Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aching legs  (Read 16794 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Aching legs
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »

I have suffered from joint pain and stiffness throughout my life and I think it is definitely hormonal.  It was at its worst during my teens, eased in my twenties and early 30s and became more severe in my mid-30s when I started to get peri symptoms.  And it always flares up extra-painfully in the 24 hours before I start bleeding and for the first 24 hours of the period.

Elizabethrose, it's really interesting to hear how the supplement helped you - I might have to try one.  I find it really slows me down as I have to allow half an hour to unstiffen in the mornings - up to an hour on bad days - and I'm used to getting up and charging around straight away.  And if I sit down for too long in the evening, I have the same problem, so I'm trying to tidy things up and get ready for bed at half my usual speed!

Dorothy, I am interested too in the point you made about increased joint pain being present with your periods.

My joint pain has been much reduced over the past 5-6 months, after being around for years. I had a considerable drop in oestrogen following a surge last week which resulted in an anovulatory bleed, I've been plagued with joint pain since.

To be honest, I've been in bed a lot with a ghastly run of migraine, which always plays havoc with my joints, especially my back. (I feel so sorry for the poor souls who are bedridden). It hadn't occurred to me that this may be the result of a sudden drop in oestrogen. I shall monitor if this happens again. x
Pages: 1 [2]