Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: DEXA Scan  (Read 2130 times)

Evelyn63

DEXA Scan
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »

Going for this tomorrow to see if I do in fact have Osteoporosis, according to my letter I should expect the results there and then,  I will then make an appointment with my GP to discuss said results.  I have done a lot of research on various forums but will wait until I have the actual result before deciding what to do next.  Im not too anxious about it and will be relieved to have it done and at least to know what I am dealing with.

Elizabethrose

Re: DEXA Scan
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »

Good luck Evelyn, hope the results are better than you expect. I had one of these done about 10 years ago, very simple and quick and not claustrophobic like an MRI. x

Evelyn63

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »

Thank you Elizabethrose,  Im not sure how I feel about it all, one part of me thinks I will be perfectly ok and it will be normal, the other practical side thinks, probably have Osteoporosis, given my mum's history and the fact I suffer excruciating backache at times.  The hospital is very handy and afterwards we are going to go for a day out and have lunch !

Evelyn63

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »

All went well, I'm showing early Osteoparenia but nothing serious , I will take my supplements and be reviewed in two years !  I'm so relieved. My mum suffered from severe osteoporosis and was in constant pain.  At least I have an opportunity to halt it before progresses any further.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:30:13 PM »

Im pleased for you Evelyn, mine was the same. Pelvis was good but lower back has three bulging discs and that was where my levels had depleted. I take a joint and bone supplement which has certainly reduced achey joints in my wrists and hands and also regulated my digestive system which is upset by low progesterone levels. Quids in!

Knowledge is power as they say: our lives and experiences are different from our mothers so we won't be carbon copies! Hope you enjoyed your day out and lunch!