Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: confused  (Read 1357 times)

michelle1971

confused
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »

Hi im michelle, diagnosed yesterday. I've been prescribed Kliofem but couldn't take in everything the doctor was telling me. Is anyone else on this? Im worried about side effects and gaining weight. Would I be better off not taking anything at all and just ride it out

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: confused
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:08:23 PM »

:welcomemm:

Browse round.  Think about which symptoms sent you to the GP in the first place?  The sooner you begin HRT the better, as it can be a bit Trial and Error finding a product that suits  ::), however, some ladies find that by regulating diet, exercise regime, 'me' time, symptoms remain bearable.   There is an 'alternative' room on MM so do browse round.

There is a 'search' button too, maybe type in the product you have been prescribed to see which threads pop up?

Aks away!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »

Hi Michelle - welcome to the forum. You won't feel so confused now.  There are different HRT's if this one doesn's suit you. As you have been prescribed Kliofem I presume that you are post meno i.e. more than a year since your last period? As CLKD says what meno symptoms are you hoping to relieve?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:00:34 PM »

Hi Michelle1971

:welcomemm: from me too!

As Taz says - perhaps you can tell us a bit more about yourself such as how old you are and where in menopause eg how your cycle has been and then we can help you more?

If you are under 50 you shouldn't try to ride it out as you need HRT, and if you are over this age there is no point in riding out debilitating symptoms. The aim is to feel better with HRT than without it. Although it isn't a magic cure-all, there are several of us in our 60's who are still taking it and happy to do so :)

Hurdity x