Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: D day week !  (Read 8203 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: D day week !
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 06:32:39 PM »

Make sure that you have plenty of liquids, biscuits, Kleenex on board as you drive up!  Take as many breaks as possible.  Which way are you driving, I knew every lay-by on the A5  ;D.  We used to write out each road Number and town we needed to drive through when we first started out, long B4 sat-navs  ::) and I could never map read.  We drove up and down that A5 100s of times over the years.

At least it ain't snowing and is unlikely to be foggy  ;D

dazned

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »

Yes weather should be fine hopefully  8)

We go M1,M6,M54or 56 then A 5 CLKD been a passenger hundreds of times ,I dont know what's worse though the motorway or the numerous hairpin bends through the mountains !  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »

;D especially at this time of year.  Hopefully you'll get behind a caravan going on holiday so won't be able to dash anywhere very fast  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »

Belatedly wishing you well in your move - I don't often read this board! Whereabouts in Wales? Sounds like fun but very hard work. Unemployed - that's brave! Are you looking for jobs or going self-employed ( or retired even?).

I would dread moving - I don't actually think it would be possible as we've lived here for over 30 years, have had several children and accumulated buildings, sheds, garage, extension, vehicles (husband's hobby!), as well as lots of their stuff, bits of furniture we no longer need, not to mention so much wood and building materials and lots of accumulated junk. Would be too stressful and time-consuming.

Well done for making the move and I presume you have a reason for choosing your new location like friends or family or favourite holiday destination?

Hurdity x :)

dazned

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »

Snowdonia and yes be looking for jobs,well DH will ,I will probably just look for couple days jobs as and when  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]