Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estelle conti duet  (Read 2853 times)

delstar

Estelle conti duet
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »

Hello this is my first ever post, just wondered if anyone had similar experience, I am 55 and have been on Climagest 1mg for three and a half years after trying hard to cope with menopause symptoms naturally for 4 years previously, which seemed to suit me and I felt great all hot flushes etc stopped and apart from the monthly bleed all good. However I was advised a couple of months ago that the manufacturers were no longer making Climagest so I needed to see my GP to get alternative. My usual GP was on long term sick so I saw another women doctor who said as I was 55 I could go on a continuous hrt with  no need to bleed which I thought great, after all if I had managed to go through the menopause naturally I presume I would have stopped bleeding by now. I had gone 8 months then 11 months with out period before giving in and going on Hrt. Anyway she prescribed Estelle Conti duet which I started when I ran out of my previous Hrt 3 weeks ago. I have now been bleeding for 15 days which is getting me down as its not just spotting and I get terrible stomach cramps on and off  it says on instructions this may last three months but I am going on a holiday of a lifetime in Nov and do not want to feel like this also I do want to give it time and not just panic and change prescription. Any advice would be great😀

Taz2

Re: Estelle conti duet
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:04 AM »

Hi delstar.

Unfortunately some women do get bleeding problems on continuous HRT for up to the first six months. This happened to me, and by the end of the six months, I got so fed up with it that I went back onto sequential HRT so that I at least knew that I would have a short and expected bleed rather than either always bleeding or having breakthrough bleeding with no warning.

There are lots of other types of HRT you can try. If you have a look at the drop down menu at the top of the page you can find the different ones. I always used patches and found them to be good but others use pills or gel plus a separate progesterone such as utrogestan.

As you have this big holiday coming up you may like to go back onto sequential HRT as at least you will know where you are in terms of bleeding?  Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »

Hi Delstar , my first Hrt was Elleste duet conti 2  which was prescribed to me by a doctor who was not my regular one and I found the bleeding to be too much . When I managed to get an appointment with my usual doctor and told her about my bleeding she switched me to femoston 1/10 which I found much better , I have been on it for about 6 months .
Hope this helps
💜💜💜💜Ss X

delstar

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »

Thanks for your reply I have seen femoston mentioned before so will try to get appointment to change it don't want to give it too easily but I have not heard anyone say anything positive about estelle  duet conti as yet😀

delstar

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »

Thanks Taz I don't think I can last six months I was hoping someone would say something positive about estelle duet conti and that it soon settles down etc when I first started Climagest I had very few side effects and I suppose because I was struggling with the hot flushes at the time all that mattered were they stopped this time I didn't have any symptoms as I was feeling fine and now I find the stomach pain and bleeding which is heavy at times is getting me down and making me miserable. I was quite pleased when it was suggested I could have continuous Hrt as my periods have always been a pain and heavy since day one and although these bleeds are not actual periods mine are still a nuisance and stressful.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »

Most women stick with a sequential HRT because the problems with bleeding and spotting back be such a nuisance on any conti regime.  As long as you don't mind having a monthly bleed there is no reason why you should change to a conti HRT.
Ellest comes in a sequi version but I'd ask for Femoston 1/10 if I were you as the progesterone in kinder and tolerated better. Dg x

delstar

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 06:46:19 PM »

Thanks everyone definitely going to change it 😀😀