Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem after a D&C?  (Read 1738 times)

linz57

Vagifem after a D&C?
« on: August 03, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »

Two months ago I had a hysteroscopy and D&C and all was fine until two weeks ago when I started experiencing a clear, watery discharge. It's not too bad , but last week it was more prolific and I had to resort to wearing a pad to stop me feeling as though I had peed myself!
I've read it's usual for this to happen although it normally occurs pretty soon after the procedure rather than weeks later. I've been checked out and there is no infection so that's good and my histology results were also clear.
However, I've needed to use Vagifem again this week as my VA isn't being fully controlled by my hrt patch anymore and I suddenly wondered whether I ought to be using Vagifem whilst I'm still getting this discharge.
I spoke to the consultants secretary re the discharge and she said I could be getting it later as I'm almost 60 and my uterus etc could be taking longer to heal. However, my Meno brain kicked in and I forgot to ask about using the Vagifem. It is really helping at the moment and it's moved the backache I have had for a few months now so I am loathe to stop using it. However, I don't want to risk infection. Any thoughts any of  you love!y ladies please?

Taz2

Re: Vagifem after a D&C?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »

Hi linz - I would think that if you had an infection then it wouldn't be good to use Vagifem until it had cleared but as you have been diagnosed with no infection then, personally, I would begin using it again. You could always phone your GP for advice?

Taz x

linz57

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »

Thanks Taz2 I will try that although I may be better ringing the consultants secretary again. I just feel such a fool as I've had to ring her before and I always forget something and have to ring back .  The curse of meno brain eh? Note to self, write it all down on a piece of paper before making the call ! :oops:

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »

Chemist should be able to advise if you can't get hold of your GP.  I know with Ovestin, the leaflet actually says one of the things it is used for is to help healing after ops, so I would imagine Vagifem would be similar, but best to check.

linz57

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »

Oh that's interesting thanks Dorothy, I didn't  realise that. I'll definitely check that out!