Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Very worried  (Read 1402 times)

undergroundbarbie

Very worried
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »

Sorry all this is a bit of a long one.
in June I posted that I was having a polyp removed from my uterus due to continuous bleeding. The procedure went well although very painful and after two days the bleeding stopped. The consultant told me that six weeks after he would do a virtual clinic follow up, saying I won't need to attend unless anything found, which is worrying as the six weeks aren't up till 2nd Aug and the letter was sent to me 12 July. While on holiday the bleeding started again, some days just spotting on others quite heavy, especially after being intimate. On my return there was a letter recalling me for an appointment in September, no reason given. I immediately went to see my GP who had no info from the consultant and is going to chase it up. In the meantime she has suggested I stop taking the Angeliqe in case there's two much oestrogen and has prescribed a lower dose but asking me not to take them unless I'm struggling with withdrawal symptoms. I'm feeling quite stressed about it and had a terrible nights sleeps thinking of all the worst scenarios. Has anyone else experienced this? Need some peace of mind. :(

Elizabethrose

Re: Very worried
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

Hi Undergroundbarbi

It's quite understandable that you're feeling really stressed about this, waiting for results is always a hellish experience.

I'm sorry, I haven't had a polyp removed so can't advise on the bleeding, but I had surgery to do so but there was no polyp there! I waiting about 9 weeks for the results of the biopsy so I know what the waiting game is like.

Why don't you telephone the consultant's secretary and just explain how you are feeling. Say you'd been told you wouldn't need to be seen again and that their recent letter has therefore made you really anxious. I feel sure they won't give you results over the phone, or at least the secretary won't, but they may agree to send some info to your GP so they can discuss it with you. You may not be successful but it's worth a try and they may be able to reassure you in some way.

I wish you well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »

I am sure too that had anything 'sinister' been found the Consultant would have been in touch.  Do give the Consultant's secretary a phone call!

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:34:12 AM »

Thanks for your responses, I've been unable to make contact with the secretary, so I'll have to wait in my GP, I will keep trying though.
Been off the angelique since Monday, is it usual for the symptoms to kick in so quick. Not sleeping well, hot flushes and general feeling of lethargy? At 53 I was sort of hoping they would have diminished.
Not sure how long I can do this especially with having to do shift work at the same time.

zelda

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:56:41 AM »

I feel for you have been there myself. I am certain that they would have been in touch if anything worrying but if you are like me you will worry anyway so the best thing is to try to get in touch with your GP, let us know how it goes, bless you. x