Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bladder bladder bladder!  (Read 7366 times)

Janice68

Re: Bladder bladder bladder!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »

That's interesting what you said in your post DG about when you do your pelvic floor excerises and the burning and peeing more. That's what happens to me when I do my pelvic excerises. Is it being overworked is that why that happens?
Interesting your post!!  Janxx

Maryjane

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »

You will have hypertonic pelvic floors and will need to do reverse kegels look it up.

Ljp

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »

Thank you all for your replies.
Re pelvic floor exercises, I've only started doing them again recently, as in the this week 😊 I was just saying though that I am able to retain the smallest cone with all the weights, without any problem, which makes me question if pelvic floor strength is actually fine, or even 'hypertonic'

All I know is, the excessive peeing and urgency is driving me mad, I know it's not all the time, mornings are always worse, but I hate how at times I no,sooner go, then literally within 10-15 mins I can need to go again.

I had a full pelvic ultrasound scan last year, and had to go with a full bladder, then scanned again after peeing, and it showed bladder ok, and emptying fine.
So I'm really baffled by what's behind all this.

Thinking back to my days as a hairdresser in a salon, I often had to hold myself, as rushing to the loo wasn't an option, I think I've always had a weak bladder, even at school I was the one that had to go pee every break time.

I also know that stress and anxiety makes matters worse, even excitement and anticipation of a journey will cause excessive trips to the loo.
Coffee (special treat not daily) will cases several trips to the loo in quick succession, as will wine (again special treat, not daily or even weekly)

I'm just tired of it now, I was prescribed vesicare a few years ago, but wasn't happy to use it as side effects are dry eyes and I have already had issues with that!

I'm hoping the urestomol will help, and I will see what GP has to say in two weeks time. Meanwhile I'm keeping a diary of trips to the loo.
But there lies another problem , I think the more focus I give it, the worse it is!

DG re HRT you are right in so many ways, I do have anxiety regarding it, not helped by new GP saying 'there is still a lot of differing ideas on HRT, and if you were to get breast cancer would you kick yourself?' ....BUT without a doubt it has helped me, I find sorting out how much oestrogel to use is tricky though, 1.5 pumps is minimum amount that keeps symptoms at bay, but I think 2 pumps has a better effect on bladder (even though I am using estring too) and question whether even slightly more might help? but after experimenting on two pumps for a couple of months, my old pre meno issues of athletes foot and mouth ulcers returned, so I dropped back to 1.5 pumps about 3 weeks ago, and this week my bladder hasn't been good, but then again am I just stressing about it and making it worse?

Apologies for long post, just getting thoughts out of my head xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »

Ljp - if I remember rightly, you are are still quite young and actually 2pumps per day would be an average dose for you. We do store oestrogen a bit so slightly changing the amount you use won't actually make much difference.  Sometimes over thinking things can make it all worse - do try to relax a bit more - perhaps less of the pelvic floor exercising and more meditation????
Just forget about the tiny breast cancer risk and focus on the benefits of good bone density, healthier heart, fewer bladder and VA problems and a reduced risk of bowel cancer - also the reduction in meno symptoms and better quality sleep so an overall better quality of life.
I still think some bladder training would be beneficial for you.  I tend to go quite often first thing in the morning - I see this as the body doing a flush out at the start of the day. It is considered quite normal to need to pee twice in the night as well when meno hits!!!! DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »

I had breast disease but if I needed full HRT I would push for it.  Quality of Life is more important to me.

When I have anxiety attacks, as I come down I have to pee - lots, every 10 mins. for hours  :-\

Ljp

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Funny you mention meditation DG, I've been following an app called headspace as trying hard to lessen my overthinking and anxiety, which  incidentally is MUCH more bearable since being on HRT , finding the headspace programme very helpful though

I'm 51 DG X
Pages: 1 2 [3]