Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chillow pillow  (Read 11673 times)

dazned

Chillow pillow
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »

At last got around to buying one ! I was quite sceptical about it but I have to admit it did what it says on the box  ;)

Very strange , took it off to bed to put in my pillow case mumbling   " well it dont feel cold to me "    but as soon as i put my head down its cold !    ;D

Scampi

Re: Chillow pillow
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:16:26 PM »

I had one and it was amazing - lost it somewhere when camping  :(

dazned

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »

A shop on a well known auction site   ::)

The box looks like the real deal and it works so I m not quibbling ,it was sold as genuine.

ellie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

I just put ...chillow pillow into safari and came up I with the site I bought mine from a couple of years ago!....I think it's the original chillow site.....Wouldn't be without mine  :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »

Chillow are saying that there are fakes on the market and when I looked last week they did say it was to be discontinued but now, surprise surprise, they seem to have run out of stock of Chillow Plus and more are on the way.. good marketing strategy??

Taz x  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »

Haha!

What is a fake anyway? If it is made of the same stuff and does the same job but without the brand names and therefore sold cheaper - then surely that's a good thing! Maybe they have a patent on it or something so this can't be done? Or is it rubbish/cowboy companies producing an inferior version and calling it by the brand name?

I am all for the former, but the latter is obviously a con!

Sorry I digress :)

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:21:34 PM »

I need to refill mine. Little one ok for short bursts, but need bigger one in this heat.

Snowball

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »

I've just bought a gel pad that was a 'Best Seller' at the online shop. No water to leak and cheaper than Chillow, so it seemed a good buy. I have to say it absolutely does the job of cooling me down - even though it hasn't been in the fridge beforehand. I'm not sure which ones Chillow were referring to when they say cheaper versions don't comply with UK standards or indeed what the problem might be (other than they don't get the revenue). :-\

ellie

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »

You can buy cooling pads for dogs , I have one for my dog, they work in a similar way to the chillow .
    They are £10 from that famous pet store! ........they work very well 👍🏼

dazned

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »

My chillow was only £11 !  8)

Its working a treat !

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »

I paid a lot for mine direct from manufacturer a few years back. I lost one due to a leak, which you can now get repair kit for. But they have served me well.

dazned

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »

My friend got hers from The Range when they had them on offer  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »

Haha!

What is a fake anyway? If it is made of the same stuff and does the same job but without the brand names and therefore sold cheaper - then surely that's a good thing! Maybe they have a patent on it or something so this can't be done? Or is it rubbish/cowboy companies producing an inferior version and calling it by the brand name?

I am all for the former, but the latter is obviously a con!

Sorry I digress :)

Hurdity x

I agree Hurdity. This is what they say on their other website (Personal Cooling I think it's called)

"Please Note: The Chillow Plus has now replaced the Chillow because of fake Chillows being sold on the Internet. Only the Chillow Plus are Genuine Medical grade material Chillows! Buy with confidence from our web site"

Taz x

dazned

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 04:47:01 PM »

Just checked my box it says its registered trademark to SoothSoft which is what the chillow website says.

Anyway it works well at a third of the price,now DH wants one !  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »

regarding the dog pad, I just wring out a hand towel in cold water and lie that over his back  :)

cold wet flannels work for me too  :)
Pages: [1] 2