Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Horrid whiffs!  (Read 7008 times)

Joyce

Horrid whiffs!
« on: July 21, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »

Oh my, not long back from visit into town. On the bus, there was somebody who was a bit whiffy, then someone got on with an equally whiffy pooch. Thought that was bad enough. In town my nose was invaded by smells of fish, not unusual for here, but on nearly every street corner there was the smell of dog pooh or vomit! I was glad to get home!!!

Is my nose ultra sensitive or is my locale extra smelly? 😷

Elizabethrose

Re: Horrid whiffs!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Are you brewing a migraine Cubagirl? Heightened senses are a common sign of prodrome.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »

Not that I'm aware of, but I do get migraines. The streets were clean, for a change, but the lingering odour was  :sick02:

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »

In prodrome my sense of smell is heightened to the point of being ridiculous. They do say that migraineurs have pronounced senses at other times too. This can be particularly vomit inducing when sitting next to smelly people on the tube! (or bus in your case!).

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »

Time will tell.

flutterby

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »

Could it simply be the heat, sweaty person on bus and the very warm pavement causing smelly molecules to rise up. I have a good nose for a bad smell even though I can never smell the expensive perfume I treated myself too :( Flutterby

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »

I can never smell the expensive perfume I treated myself too :( Flutterby

Me neither. I had some on today too. Had to keep sniffing my top.  ;D

Scampi

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 07:12:48 AM »

The person who sits next to me in the office uses a perfume so powerful I can taste it!!!  Couple it with the hand cream she lathers on that is obviously (to me!) 99% coconut and my olfactory system is under attack all day!!  I made a comment about how strong the coconut is in the hand cream (I don't like coconut) - she is adamant there's none in it .... the cream smells like Malibu mixed with sun lotion!

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »

Reminds me of one of my earliest work places. Female who worked beside me wore liberal amounts of lavender water. If you happened to go to the loo after her, the smell would just about knock me unconscious. Maybe that's where my loathing of lavender came from.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

When I took The Pill - for 11 years - I could smell garbage, it wasn't until I stopped taking it that I could smell other scents.  I hadn't realised at the time.  HORMONES  >:(