Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 1920 times)

Bev1

Health anxiety
« on: July 21, 2016, 01:51:42 AM »

Hi, i have been suffering from health anxiety and it is at its worse in the night, i convince myself that i wnt make it through the night. I have been on sertraline for a while now but am so tired, with broken sleep, i feel like i never feel refreshed in the morning, has anyone got any advice?

Annidav

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:58:15 AM »

Hi Bev1 - I don't suffer from health anxiety but I DO suffer from general anxiety- really badly; my GP advises this is always worse in the mornings and that I catastrophise everything - which is true; I suffered terribly with chronic insomnia which made the anxiety worse; I ended up visiting the GP and to help with the insomnia I was put on Mirtazapine (Anti-depressant) and took one every night an hour before bed and they generally zonked me out (still get the odd night where I wake at silly o-clock and can't get back to sleep); in addition I was prescribed propranolol; I am now on HRT (second month of tablets) and am trying to come off the mirtazapine gradually (taking one every other night, sometimes every couple of nights)but am still taking the propranolol because I do find they help ease my anxiety so that I can face whatever may be lurking and causing the anxiety. 

Justjules

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:07:16 AM »

Hi Bev, welcome to the Forum and welcome to the HA club!  It's a terrible thing to have and can completely take over your life, as it has done mine for many years.  Like Sparkle says, put it in as a search and you'll see how many posts there are!  You are not alone for sure.  Hope you find some helpful tips to cope but there's no quick fix unfortunately.  Everybody deals with it in different ways. Hope you have a supportive other half or family because that makes a huge difference and I would suggest you get some therapy if you can as that helps too. Post here as much as you want with whatever you're struggling with - loads of people suffer with it at this time of life especially. x