Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes/hot weather  (Read 2473 times)

Spangles

Hot flushes/hot weather
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »

Hi Ladies
Due to my HRT I don't really experience hot flushes, if I do it is usuall around period time. However I do get flushes with anxiety, I got a little out of sorts yesterday and had one. I'm all good now though and I've been having a few today. Could this also be due to the hot weather, does anyone else flush more when it's hot?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Dancinggirl

Re: Hot flushes/hot weather
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »

Oh yes,  for me, my flushes are more about not being able to control my body temperature.  When on HRT I tend to get hot in the body but when not on HRT I get a terrible flush through my face and head as well.  Hot weather, especially when it is humid, is ghastly and make things so much worse.  Dg x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Me too Shellb. My flushes have been coming every 20 mins for the past few days but today just feel constant. Utter nightmare! I don't like hot weather at the best of times.

I've soaked my hair repeatedly under the shower and just let it dry naturally, that definitely helps (a little!) and lots of cool drinks. I've pulled blinds down on the sunny sides of the house to try to prevent it heating too much. That definitely helped yesterday.

I think I should have been an Inuit, much better suited to cold weather!!

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »

The only menopause symptoms I had were silent migraines, a dodgy thermostat and an inability to adjust to different temperatures i.e. sweating in air conditioning, sweating too much and too quickly and very often feeling like I was about to break into a horrid, embarrassing sweat - I never actually felt hot but I absolutely hated it.  I used to look at other people and see that they were not sweating as much as I was and I started to feel like a freak.  I would do practically anything and go to the ends of the earth to make sure that I never, ever feel like that again.   

The only cure for me is high levels of oestrogen and I mean blood levels into the mid 700s.  When I was on ineffectual forms of HRT and my levels were significantly lower, I still had the dodgy thermostat.  It's amazing how such a horrible condition (and the migraines) can easily be cured by simply rubbing Oestrogel into my skin everyday.

Jessicaponies

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:16:33 PM »

This weather is not good for night sweats. Hubby is away right now so I keep the bath full of cool water and just sit in it if I get a hot flush during the night although it's ruining my sleeping patterns and I am lithargic during the day

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:29:05 PM »

I love nice weather and it feels good knowing I'm not alone! The trouble is we don't have time to acclimatise to the weather before it changes. I just keep taking cool showers. It also makes me lethargic too Jessicaponies.
xXx

Kristy

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:45:27 AM »

My flushes are always worse in hot weather. Where I live, the heat is dry which helps a bit but still affects the flush and causes sweating, especially down my back  :(.
Winter is so much easier and a more comfortable time for me.