Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 2721 times)

charliegirl

Nausea
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:30:51 PM »

Hi guys its me again. Have been suffering with bad nausea very early mornings and today all day. Also waves of dizziness. I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago and was advised to stop HRT which I did. Could this horrible nausea be lack of estrogen?.. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Charliegirl

Annie0710

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »

It could be , but can't be in my case as my oestrogen levels are always 600-700s

Mine comes in waves and not as frequent as they were in peri

But if this is new to you and you've recently stopped hrt it does seem to point to that

Someone more knowledgeable will be along

Annie x

Noodle

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »

Why would you be advised to stop HRT because you've had a hysterectomy?  Was it just whilst you had the operation, for safety's sake?

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:30:17 AM »

Hi Charliegirl,
I was just going to put a separate post about my morning nausea in the last few days , which came all of a sudden after quiet year or so on HRT. I have recently decrease my dose so my explanation was that. My blood tests though from Monday showed estrogen in the 700, so for me it wasn't low estrogen, rather some imbalance probably that I cannot explain.

My nausea subsides all of a sudden around lunchtime. Is this the same with you?
Also, nausea was one of my main problems before starting so hard to really have a scientific explanation! Oh joy! I hope you recover better, and yes, in your case, it may be the sudden lack of hormones to which the body has been accustomed.

Are you considering going back to HRT?

Milamam

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »

I'm confused why you were advised to stop HRT because you had had a hysterectomy? No one ever suggested that I had to. In fact my gynaecologist said it would help with healing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »

Hormonal nausea is awful  :-\ - grazing might help as may ginger biscuits ………

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »

I'm confused why you were advised to stop HRT because you had had a hysterectomy? No one ever suggested that I had to. In fact my gynaecologist said it would help with healing.

I think that charliegirl had endometriosis so maybe there is still some lurking in the body which would be made worse by oestrogen?

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 06:53:36 PM »

Hi yes I did have endometriosis in my womb, and the gyne said to not continue with HRT due to my age (63) . He suggested toughing it out, but if it was getting bad to see my GP. If I could be sure its hormone related I would consider it. X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »

HUMPH  >:(.  Tuff it out indeed  :bang: :bang: :bang:, off to your GP at once My Girl  ;D.  If it worked B4 for you then go and discuss with the Doctor. 

dangermouse

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:57 PM »

Nausea as a symptom of perimenopause isn't often recognised by GPs but it comes from the same source as early pregnancy nausea, and can be much more severe. I think it's from very low progesterone levels against higher (not nec very high though) oestrogen levels. I've not experienced it from low oestrogen and hoping its, therefore, not a post meno symptom.

I had it early morning (5ish) until late morning and then late afternoon until 8ish. Also much worse end of cycle and first week of period and then around ovulation it was all day nausea. For me it was the sort of nausea you couldn't bare another moment of and I couldn't eat solid food at all in the end but I'm sure the severity will depend on your imbalance.

Building up progesterone (and oestrogen to calm your own down) from the pill finally stopped mine, but if I take even a couple of days break it returns. Stopping the HRT may have caused your progesterone levels to plummet and, if you still have your ovaries, they may be throwing out excess oestrogen in this adaptation period?

charliegirl

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »

Wow, thanks for the info, I still have overies so this could be the problem. Will visit GP asap CLKD! ;)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »

Go armed with what you want!  If he even sniffs at 'tuffing it out' send him to me  :kick:  I have little time for un-helpful medics!

Let us know how you get on.

Milamam

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »

Dangermouse, what you say is very sensible and fits well with my experience these few days . I am positive my nausea around my period was caused by too little progrsterone - the bleeding was very heavy, painful, and was preceded by diarrea for a few days , sour taste in mouth, excess saliva and generally feeling unwell. Then nausea morning and afternoon but not during the day until a few days after the bleeding has stopped.

I hope next month willbe better!