Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: St Johns Wort and Black Cohosh  (Read 1788 times)

Rhibee

St Johns Wort and Black Cohosh
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »

Trying to manage mood swings, fatigue and anxiety without HRT (can't have as mum had breast cancer and trying to avoid AD if I can). Does anyone know if it's OK to take St Johns Wort and Black Cohosh together?
Thank you.

Taz2

Re: St Johns Wort and Black Cohosh
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

Hi Rhibee - it seems that these two can be taken together from what I've read on the internet.  I can see that you wouldn't wish to use HRT if your mum had breast cancer but if things do get worse for you then it is worthwhile checking that you can't take it. So many other factors come into play (apologies if you've already researched this thoroughly) and for you to be at a high risk you need to have had at least two close female relatives diagnosed with hormone receptive breast cancer. It's a thought to keep in mind should you need to explore further. How far are you into menopause?

Taz x

Rhibee

Re: St Johns Wort and Black Cohosh
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:32:43 AM »

Hi and many thanks for the reply. I started flushing last year then they stopped. I have an FSH of >50. I have a mirena coil which was fitted 5 years ago. Recently I have started flushing again at night mostly and these anxiety and mood things have been for the past couple of weeks. I have also become totally unable to drink alcohol, anything more than 1 drink, if I am feeling a little low or tired or anxious and I have a bad reaction - bad stomach, massive nausea, trembling, it's horrid not to mention annoying!
Rx