Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Have i tried Femoston 2/10 for long enough?  (Read 2246 times)

Missystk

Have i tried Femoston 2/10 for long enough?
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »

Hi all 8)

I joined the forum around 4 weeks ago and was given great advice as I was miserably taking Elleste for 6 months with terrible side effects. I was advised to try Femoston 2/10 or the Mirena Coil and opted for Femoston as I have a bad memory from a previous coil incident in my 20s.  I've been taking Femoston 2/10 for the past 3 weeks. My joints no longer ache, however, the light headedness, morning headache, bloated tummy and boobs, breathlessness and the constant nausea is still here. Should I stay with this for longer or have the Merina Coil fitted and use oestrogen patch/gel. I'm 46  and not had a period now for 19 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Missy STK

Dancinggirl

Re: Have i tried Femoston 2/10 for long enough?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:28:59 AM »

I'd give it a bit longer - early side effects are common and should settle.  It usually takes at least 3 months for the body to adjust.  If you feel constantly nauseous do try some fennel tea with honey.  Bloating and sore boobs should settle.  I have been using some Magnesium spray before bed and found my headaches are a bit better - apparently magnesium relaxes the muscles and helps the body to absorb Vit D and calcium and many of us a deficient in all these things.
BTW - The Mirena is different to those early types of coil so could be a good option if the Femoston doesn't work out.
You do need the oestrogen as you are so young - do persevere for a bit longer.  Dg x

Missystk

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl
I have just  started taken a magnesium vitamin within the last week and I'll persevere with the Femoston for the recommend 3 months and try some Fennel tea and honey.

Thanks again

Missy STK  :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »

I started femoston 2/10 about a year ago (from 1/10, and previously elleste 1/10)

I wasn't sure to start with.  Definitely give it 3 months if you can.  I have been thinking recently, after 1 year, that I am actually starting to feel rather good on it  ::)  Hope it lasts!

My general impression of mirena (not qualified, I may add!) is that people who have it for menopause reasons are much happier than those who are younger who have it for contraceptive reasons.  My theory is that if you have it for contraceptive reasons, you are usually feeling well so any side effects are more obvious and less acceptable.  Also, if you are menopausal, I expect it is more likely to stop periods altogether and you can have oestrogen with it which helps with some of the effects.

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »

Reading Dancinggirl's post - it may also be that I am getting plenty of sunshine (re vitamin D comment)  :sunny: