Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel 80g in hand luggage  (Read 13602 times)

Lanzalover

Oestrogel 80g in hand luggage
« on: July 02, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »

Can you take oestrogel 80g in hand luggage I don't have a repeat script as only prescribed for 3 months and have to be reviewed by GP before she will issue further script.
As I am going tomorrow won't be able to get a letter from her to confirm.
From what I have read it appears you can but you  may need a copy of the script.

Or should I just pump enough to last the week into a 100ml bottle? As only taking hand luggage.
Dh just back from chemist and the 100ml bottle is brown I thought it would be clear all this is sending me into a panic beginning to think it's all to much and I should just stay at home!

Anyone got any advise please.

Trufflecat

Re: Oestrogel 80g in hand luggage
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »

I think it is a big no. It will have to go in the hold or you risk it being taken from you. Where a re you heading? Could you buy some there too?

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

Thanks for the reply as I am only taking hand luggage that wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Going to Lanzarote can you buy Oestrogel over thr counter there ?

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »

I buy all my Oestrogel over the counter and without a prescription in Spain and have never had a problem.  I always put some in my suitcase and always carry some in hand luggage - they make you put it into a clear plastic bag in the UK airports but don't forget, it's in a toothpaste type tube.  I have certainly never had to show a prescription.

I don't think you will have any problems. 

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

Many thanks do I just ask for Oestrogel at the chemist or does it have a different name over there,

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »

You can buy it in any pharmacy in Spain and it's called Oestraclin (costs just over €4.00) and it comes in a toothpaste type tube in a red and white box.  It doesn't have a pump, it comes with a white slide and half a slide is one pump, full slide 2 pumps.

Depending on how much you want to buy, you will have to order it for next day delivery.  They usually have at least one tube in stock but I always order a whole batch and it always comes in the following day. 

Good luck!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

Let us know how you get on? 

Lanzalover

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know you can buy it over the counter and what I need to ask for.

Just got to get organised now!!!

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »

Just been to one of the two chemists in town to buy Oestraclin.

The girl went into the back of the shop then came out without anything should have known then I was going to have trouble she checked her book typed something into the computer and then showed me the screen which had two things on it 50mcg/75mcg the girl said these were patches and only available on prescription.

I tried to explain it was a gel and not a patch she said cream? So I said yes she then produced ovestinon 1mg cream I know this is a similar product to vagifem which I use so thought I may as well buy it had one last try for Oestraclin only to be told again I needed a prescription.Gave up at this point and left DH to pay final insult was it cost €11.

I can only assume Lanzarote is different to mainland Spain and as I cann't speak much Spanish should I perhaps try asking for Oestraclin gel topico at the other chemist I'm in a bit of a panic now.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »

I presume you took some gel with you though Lanzalover? I never go abroad or anywhere without more than sufficient HRT to cover my time away. Is 80g more than 100 ml? How long are you away for?

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 12:15:57 AM »

That's strange, I wouldn't have thought it varied between regions despite autonomy, I buy it OTC in Andalucia. 

Try some more pharmacies, you might find one with staff who speak more English.  Write this on a piece of paper:

Oestraclin 0,6 mg/g gel, Estradiol, 80 gramos,  uso cutáneo, fabrica SEID LAB, S. A.  BARCELONA, numero serie 774620.1

Lanzalover

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 01:25:09 PM »

Well we tried the other chemist in town after checking on her computer she said no but to try the other chemist in town so no luck there. Although she didn't mention prescription.

This morning DH got up early and went to the next village and managed to get some at €4 no problem at all the box is as you described it Mary G.

Feeling much better now thanks for your help.