Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot on arm  (Read 1981 times)

Tinkerbell

Estradot on arm
« on: July 01, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »

I having problems with irritation from estradot, sore itchy spots. I am trying to move it around but it doesn't seem to stay stuck in some places!
Doctor has told me to try on arm, is that ok? I thought it had to be below waist :-\
Mind you I don't fancy putting it on my arm, being supposedly summer.
I wanted to try Oestrogel but was told to try other places for the patch.

Hurdity

Re: Estradot on arm
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »

Yes it's supposed to be lower trunk and the higher up the arm it goes the closer to the breast and yes it will show! Where have you tried? You could try butt cheek or lower front abdomen. Peel off very carefully when it's time to change it and if you notice it itching then don't scratch! Hopefully this will minimise irritation unless you are allergic to the adhesive. Inner thigh is a possibility but it could rub off I imagine?

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »

Tinkerbell, I had those problems all the time with patches and it was much worse in the summer with going on the beach and swimming at lot - several times the patch came off completely and water was getting underneath.  The itchy rash was horrendous and worse in the summer and the whole site felt permanently soggy.

I don't understand why you have been told you can't have the Oestrogel and to try the patches in another place first?  Surely Oestrogel is the preferred option these days. 

I changed from patches to gel a few years ago and have never looked back and, in my opinion, the gel is far more effective, user friendly, flexible and resilient.  I would definitely push harder for it if I were you.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:15:35 PM »

Hasty, I thought the new NICE guidelines were supposed to change all that and stop the postcode lottery - Dr. Currie said that there is no reason why anyone should not be able to get Oestrogel on the NHS.  My advice to anyone who wants Oestrogel would be to push for it and quote the guidelines, it has to be worth a try.  Tinkerbell is clearly having problems with patches so they should not stop her from having the gel. 

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »

Try putting a dressing called tagderm over the top see through and patch never moves x

Nina

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:08 PM »

Definitely not my preferred choice! Made my elbows ache and took aaaaages to dry. No thanks :D