Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 1945 times)

Aussimitch

New to HRT
« on: June 27, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »

Hi, Im very new to all of this and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.  Im 37 and 8 weeks ago I had left oophorectomy removing my left ovary and tube. The other ovary and tube had already been removed in previous surgery. I still have my uterus. So now Im in surgically induced Menopause, my doctor has prescribed Evorel Conti 50mcg & 170mcg Patches. Things were going fine early on I was taking Sage leaf as an extra to get my night sweats under control, patches were slowly taking this under control so I stopped taking the Sage about 4 weeks ago. I since I have started on the patches I have had 3 bleeds one was really really heavy which lasted 10 days the other two were just like a normal period lasting 4-5 days. Now I have just started to bleed again this morning, I have made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow to see I she can advise what is happening. Just wondered if anyone has had some experience with these patches and can offer and advise?

Thanks  :)

dazned

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

Im no expert,sure they will be along soon,but when you start any conti regime you may experience unexpected bleeding,this should settle down but can take up to 6months. Otherwise how are you feeling ?

Aussimitch

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »

Hi Thank you for your reply! and your welcome :)

Im feeling ok in myself really considering the patches seem to keep everything together. It was my first day back at work this morning and everyone said how well I look so they must be doing something but just gets me down with this bleeding. Ive been trying to do a bit of research as to what different names/makes of HRT there are available but its so confusing!

Do you think I should stick with these patches and see if it settles? Ive heard so many different things as regards to bleeding some people say I won't bleed some say I will...
 :-\

Aussimitch

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »

Hi Hasty,

Thank you for your advice,I was getting myself confused with all different stories of bleeding and no bleeding. Nice to have some advise form someone who has been on them.Im feeling ok otherwise so I think I will stick with the Conti patch and give it a chance for 6 months. if nothing changes I will request a change.

Thank you of your help, really appreciate it  :)

dazned

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »

Conti regime should mean that you dont get a bleed as you are giving your system continuous progesterone,but some people do experience breakthrough bleeding until it settles down. Have a look under the treatment tabs at the top ,lots of useful information to be found there  ;)