Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What are normal Estrogen levels ?  (Read 1668 times)

Jaz

What are normal Estrogen levels ?
« on: June 24, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »

Hi Ladies
I have talked a bit about this on another thread but just wanted to have a bit more clarity.
I have changed from 3mg Elleste solo tablets to Evoel patches started on 50mcg then 75 mcg but still have symtoms. Estrogen blood test was 115pmol/l  I don't need progesterone as had hysterectomy in 2008.
Anyway GP told me Estrogen level normal, meno clinic said it was low especially as on 75 patch and I have anxiety, palpitations & hot flashes at night again. So they have suggested if I want to give patches a good try to use 75 X 2 patches & have another blood test in a month. I am doing it gradually with 75 & 50 patch first.
Has anyone else been on this high dose?  I've been told my body may not be absorbing it. Tablets seemed much more fast acting.
I don't know much about equivilant levels with pump be useful to know incase I end up going on to try that next.
Thanks
Jaz X

Dancinggirl

Re: What are normal Estrogen levels ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 07:17:49 AM »

I would try the gel if I were you.  I do think some women have problems with absorption with the patches.  I have used the gel for many years and find I get a good level of symptom relief from only one pump of gel each day!!!!
We are all different and I am very surprised your oestrogen levels are so low on such a high dose of patch!!! Perhaps you would do better using 2mg oestrogen pill and a bit of gel alongside?
DG x