Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New here looking for some advice  (Read 9384 times)

pinkdove

Re: New here looking for some advice
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »

Thanks CLKD, another question for the GP. a dietician would be great, maybe motivate me.
and yes little steps, thats why i thought i might start by reducing AD, as i know its the cause of my weight gain, and slowing my metabolism, exercise, id do try to walk my wee dog twice a day for about 15 mins, but cant muster up the energy for much more.xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »

:-\ ……. I've had many different ADs since the 1980s and never put on weight …….. I was 7st for many years, went up to nearly 9st when I stopped exercising and it took 14 months of walking daily [again] to get to 8st..  That was when my oestrogen levels began to drop off, co-inciding with lack of exercise [lazyness ……. ]

If there isn't a dietician available then drop into your Leisure Centre to see if there is an instructor who would give dietary advice.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »

Hi Pinkdove
Just read your post - what dose of Effexor are you on? My only thoughts would be to either start a low dose of HRT or reduce your AD's, I wouldn't do both at the same time. As Hurdity mentions, HRT may be a shock to you system but you don't want to go through Effexor withdrawal at the same time.

I took Effexor for 18 months about 14 years ago. For some reason I only seem to like SNRI's which are hard to come off and the withdrawal from Effexor might take a while. Just thought you may be better trying a low dose HRT, then withdrawing.

pinkdove

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 05:59:34 PM »

Thanks Mis71 mum, I was on 150mg, then reduced VERY slowly down to 75mg, I was down to 37.5mg, but i lost my brother in May which was very stressful, so went back up to 75mg, I know you must do it very slow, and this is only day 3 of the lower dose, but if i feel withdrawal i will increase again, how did you get off it, and do you take HRT ?? sorry for all the questions, but any help would be appreciated xx

CLKD, you are so lucky that you managed to dodge the weight gain, I went to the leisure centre last year, and did a swim 3 times a week, but wait for it......fell of the treadmill, what an embarrassment, not to mention the fact that i could'nt walk for days lol, that;s me tho' throw myself into it wanting results straight away.

This is such a great site for help, and info, thanks again ladies xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]