Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - does this get worse?  (Read 1378 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Evorel Sequi - does this get worse?
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:57 AM »

Hello

I am day 12 into my first combi patch and I had noted the following;

I am still sweating like mad
I feel very "can't be bothered" and moody
No headaches
Started my period on Day 4 of the combi patch and still bleeding
Could also cry about things and get fed up.

It's like PMT but it seems to be lasting longer unfortunately.  However, I do feel like my anxiety has lessened a bit but got much flatter.

Will I also experience withdrawal from the progesterone phase and will my bleed continue too?

It's not been as bad as I expected but I do feel like the progesterone phase is now starting to drag on a bit.

I'm due to change back to the oestrogen only patch on Thursday/Friday.

Any ideas anyone?

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel Sequi - does this get worse?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:47:38 PM »

Mis71mum -  it's early days and adjusting to a new type of HRT takes time.  I do think you are over analysing things as well.  PMT type symptoms are common on any progesterone.  The sweating may not be to do with hormones - I sweat far more these days whether on HRT or not - also the progesterone phase can raise our temperature bit anyway.  When I take Utrogestan I sweat a lot more.
I think coping with low mood is about a range of measures which include good diet and regular exercise e.g. brisk walking and doing some CBT like Mindful Meditation - relaying on HRT alone to deal with low mood and anxiety is unrealistic.  When on HRT the best you can hope for is a reduction in flushes, better sleep and generally feeling more on balance - there will be ups an downs just we got with a natural cycle.
You may find that once your body has settled with the this HRT things will get easier. Give it 3 months at least.  DG x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »

Hi DG

Thanks for replying - you might be right about the sweating coming from the progesterone phase. 

I hope my thread didn't come across as overthinking again  :), in fact, I am quite pleased that I have tolerated the progesterone phase as well as I have so far.  I suppose my main concerns now are lack of concentration and lack of pizzazz!  Do you know what I mean by that?  I wouldn't mind a bit of sparkle back maybe.

Yes and I do think I am more on balance than I was.  I think my gyny wants me to try the mirena at some point, so now I have tried this progesterone, which is apparently quite strong and with side effects, I will be able to consider this now.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »

Mis71mum - I think it sounds as though you are doing quite well - just stick with it for 2-3 months to see how it goes and if you do OK on this HRT, then the Mirena would be good option for you as you could use more oestrogen if needed. DG x