Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Working out own cycle?  (Read 1157 times)

Chi chi

Working out own cycle?
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »

I want to try and find out where I am (or would be) in my own cycle. Prior to starting HRT just over 2 years ago I was always on the pill but had stopped it 6 weeks before 1st appt with Prof Studd. On the day of the appt I started a bleed so I presume that was my cycle starting? This was 9 June 2014.  Could I work things out from that date and how would I do this? Every 28 days?
Thanks in advance  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Working out own cycle?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »

When I was menstruating: from age 11 until 43 : I had a 28-32 cycle.  I ticked the calendar for each day I bled, counted from day 1 to the next month and put a ring round the date.  That prepared me for booking holidays, trips away, buying protection and pain relief.

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:13:17 PM »

Thanks CLKD, as I was always on the pill (and regular as clockwork) I've no idea how long my natural cycle is  ??? I can't even remember how it was when we were trying to get pregnant it was that long ago  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »

I took The Pill for over 11 years, still took note of when/not  ::)

Trufflecat

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:35 AM »

If you are in peri though your periods might well have changed and become more or less frequent over the two years

dangermouse

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »

If you are having high levels of progesterone in your HRT then you will probably get a natural 28 day cycle. However, working back from 2 years is unlikely to be accurate. The only way to really know is to go by symptoms.

Why would you like to know by the way?