Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gross, but soooo funny.  (Read 6473 times)

breeze

Joyce

Re: Gross, but soooo funny.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »

Reminds me of one I saw of a dad doing a really smelly nappy change. He gagged so many times. Women just get on with it.

booboo

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 08:30:43 AM »

Jeeez!! what a wimp  ;D....

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:40:38 AM »

after a while you don't notice the smell.

When I was 15 I went to stay with a pen friend (remember those) in france.  She and her family lived on a farm and when I arrived I was almost in tears thinking that there was no way I could cope with 2 weeks in the awful smell (manure).  By the second or third day I did not even smell it and had a wonderful time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »

Dog poo shouldn't smell  ::), it should be firm, light brown or white dependant on what the dog has been fed.  In my day it was white and crumbly, no waste as the dogs were not fed commercial foods which have rubbish in them!

breeze

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »

Well if you have ever walked dog poo in doors, or got into a car with it on your shoe it SMELLS.

As for white crumbly dog poo I always thought that was due to distemper :-\

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »

Oh dear ……… I explained that it shouldn't smell, I didn't say that dog poo doesn't.

Also, a lady of my age can remember the 1st commercial dog food on the market i.e. 'Pal'.  Sloppy 'meat' in a tin  :sigh:.  Up until that point our dogs had lived outdoors in kennels, allowed as far as the kitchen if they were lucky and fed scraps - the cook in the kitchen made extras, added to anything not eaten in the day, a handful of hard dog mixer was put in front of the dogs.  Because in the main food was cooked from scratch! 

Plus bones and anything that the dog might catch.  Therefore there was no waste in the gut or bowel so the result was hard, chalky, crumbly, dry excreta.

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »

my dog's poo doesn't smell but I know plenty that does and they are usually fed unsuitable foodstuffs that is never meant to pass a dog's lips like curry and chinese food and processed meats  :(.

Mine has digestive issues and has a special low fat diet with digestive supplements and his poo is very healthy texture, colour and, honestly, only smells of the food he has.

When I was a child the family dog had tinned meat and Winalot biscuits

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 02:46:42 PM »

Winalot - Boneos - Shapes including black charcoal ones  :-\.

booboo

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »

Whatever way you look at it its all a load of S**T !!  ::).....

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 04:39:13 PM »

:rofl:

booboo

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »

Sorry!! I couldn't resist  ;)

Actually  CKLD  ( and being serious) - I do have recollections of dog poo being white years ago & have since wondered why &  now I know..
I have a dog myself now,  and have always fed her on dried food ( so not smelly) still wouldn't want to tread in it tho - although it may bring me luck , so maybe I should..

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 06:32:39 PM »

I bet I'm not the only one who's been driving somewhere, only to become aware of a stink inside the car and then realise that it's coming from dog poo stuck to the soles of my shoes.............Verdict: it smells!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 09:40:41 PM »

Didn't used to do  :whist:  but it is awful.  Un-necessary. Lazyness on the dog owner  :kick:

It shows what a hold the commercial pet food companies have over owners, a 'balanced diet' indeed, well a pet wouldn't get one in the wild  ::).  I would raw feed or cook extra in future for both cats/dogs!

I haven't viewed the link  :-\ …….. not good with 'stuff'  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »

when we got our dog I was determined not to feed commercial dog food but in the end I contributed to him developing pancreatitis due to chopping and changing what I fed him and he went to the animal hospital on a drip and was then given a prescription food for his digestive condition.

when he was recovering and weaned off the prescription food I was advised to keep his food intake below 10% fat so I weaned him onto a commercial food that is not sold in the general supermarkets but is ordered directly from the manufacturer.  this was I could keep his intake under control which is better for him and he eats a combination of wet and dry food.

Yes, it is a commercial food and he also has digestive supplements but he has been on it now for 9 years and is very well and his stools don't smell, are well formed and a good colour. 

Not all commercial dog foods are bad, but the cheaper ones are and contain a lot of rubbish, like us constantly eating junk food.

Pages: [1] 2