Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxious again. Should I try 5 pumps?  (Read 5062 times)

Keepgoing

Re: Anxious again. Should I try 5 pumps?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 05:25:15 PM »

Sorry Gypsyroselee had posted a reply to tinkerbell and got names mixed up lol nothing new there xx

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

Hi GypsyRoseLee

I'm not sure using 5 pumps is the answer - and depends on how bad your mood dip is - I mean we expect it to dip somewhat pre-menstrually when peri - but I know yours have been severe. Can you cope with this or is it as bad as before as if you were not on HRT?

I thought in your case the gel was supposed to control the cycle so that you did not ovulate and therefore no mood dips but this isn't happening (the cycle control) is it - so it could well be your own cycle coming into play?

What you have to be careful of, if you haven't suppressed ovulation is tachyphyllaxis (sp?) so that you get levels higher than normal physiologically and then oestrogen ceases to be effective. You would only be able to tell this from a blood tests and of course these are variable - in your case though since the oestrogen is supposed to suppress ovulation your levels may vary less - but if it hasn't suppressed ovulation - I've no idea!

Definitely take advice on this - if you're not absorbing gel then perhaps patches would be better because it's easier to get a higher dose with a small patch rather than having to use such a high amount of gel - I would have thought? You will need to know first whether you are absorbing?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »

Thank you Hurdity. Sensible and supportive as always. Studd's right hand man told me that 4 pumps wouldn't be enough to supress my cycle this month, as I only started 4 pumps from mid cycle.

dangermouse

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »

Now you've had progesterone this month you may have gone to a 28 day cycle, this happens to younger women who are given progesterone to deal with erratic cycles, they then get a 28 day cycle each month which is what we're all naturally meant to have. It happened to me too - and it's very handy to know what symptoms you'll have every 4 weeks!

I reckon you'll start your period tomorrow and the plummet of hormones no doubt caused this, so adding for a few days may be an option if you've found its eased things at all and it's not causing the issue Hurdity mentioned.

Please don't worry that you're back to square one, as the fact you had a good 2 weeks is a good sign and you may just have a couple of bad days each month which you can then prepare for rather than have it surprise you out of the blue.

It will also then make you appreciate the good days, like how working makes us appreciate the weekend more!

Dandelion

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »

Any change in mood makes me scared and nauseous.
Hugs
I was recently diag with borderline and PTSD, so I always knew there was something wrong, and struggled with drink and drugs, as  could not bear low moods
7yrs ago, though when all this started, my anxiety took a turn for the worse and has never got back
I find myself paying tradesmen to come and check appliances in case they might b broken and other stupid worries. I cry a lot, life is miserable, I hope, personally, I dont make it much beyond 50.
I'm 50 in Spetember but can't bear much more ofo this. I dont want to live through my 60's and 70's. Esp not the way things are going in the world. So hopefully nice long sleep for me soon, if I am lucky, but i wouldnt commit suicide no way.
I'm forgetful, miserable, life is not wirth living, but i wont top myself, cos of personal spiritual but not religious reasons.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:25:35 PM by Dandelion »

warwick01

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:05 AM »

Dandelion,

Been there, got the tshirt.

Please don't think like that. At 50 you should be looking forward to your golden days. Although my anxiety is at its worse just now, I don't want to go out. I fight it every day and like you have thought I will be better off dead. So you are not alone ;)

Do you have friends to share how your feeling.......talking about it is the best thing you can do.

Huggs Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »

Dandelion

So sorry you are still feeling like this - I did think that now you've got your HRT sorted you were feeling better. Please please go and see someone (professional) to talk about your feelings. Is there a support group of some sort you can join for example? ...and do keep posting on here - start your own thread and there will always be someone along to encourage you through your ups and downs.

:bighug:

Hurdity x

dangermouse

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 11:46:42 PM »

Take each day as it comes and don't look beyond this. Try to find something nice that's happened either to you or someone you know. Don't watch the News, it tends to focus too much on the negative. Spend time with people who lift you and don't drag you down.

Your hormones will eventually calm down and, even though you can't imagine it, you may start to feel a bit better in time and it may be sooner than later.

If your HRT isn't working for you, try another or try without, just keep testing and moving forwards with just today to focus on.
Pages: 1 [2]