Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could be another Atrophy flare up.  (Read 9028 times)

scriv

Re: Could be another Atrophy flare up.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

I'd be too scared to risk that too, Suzi :(

scriv

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 06:22:46 PM »

Yes, Hasty - that is exactly what I am saying. It is not the amount or type of oestrogen delivered which is the problem, it is the method of delivery.

E string : A slightly opaque ring, made of a silicone elastomer, with a whitish core, containing a drug reservoir of Estradiol Hemihydrate. The product has the following dimensions. Outer diameter - 55 mm; cross sectional diameter - 9 mm; core diameter - 2 mm.

This silicone ring is inserted and stays inside, so is a totally different product to Vagifem which is a simple suppository.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:01:21 PM by scriv »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:10 PM »

I wouldn't fancy anything up there unless absolutely necessary  ::)  as an aside, does anyone remember the female contraceptive  ;D ……… like a very floppy long Durex from what I remember which had to be inserted up there before 'he' went in  ::).  Don't think that they lasted long on the market.

ancient runner

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 08:16:39 AM »

CLKD once it's up there you don't know it's there. I too used the female condom and it was appalling with a huge floppy ring outside. However, I've also used a contraceptive cap (both sorts) and a Mooncup - no problems, nothing exterior. I have to say I really don't understand the squeamishness about having something "up there".
Sorry Scriv - broken record comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone else - nobody much was using the Estring when I started a couple of years ago and lots of GPs don't know about it either. So I've made it a bit of a mission to tell people about it, as it's a good option for many.
Today I am having a blip and am a bit sore and itchy after a bad night. I should never, ever comment when things are going well.
 ;D

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:15 AM »

I think for some women it is about having control.  I, also, would not choose to have an estring inserted and just left there but that is just me and I am doing just fine with the vagifem so I don't have to really think about alternatives.

ancient runner

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:25 AM »

I take your point - but it's not inserted for you, you insert it yourself and remove it yourself. It's ever so easy to do. I can't say that I don't feel in control of it because I do.

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »

Hmmm, I don't really like things like that. I always used the tampons with applicator, not the ones where your fingers go up as well.  As I am ok with VF I think I will give it a miss

scriv

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »

It really is a very personal thing. I have had such bad experiences with caps and coils and infections and a history of prolapses and repair ops and stiches gone wrong, allergies to creams etc, painful smears and examinations and intrusive devices damaging my tender thin VA skin, that I cannot bear the thought of anything other than Vagifem and its applicator, which is the only thing that has not caused me any trouble.

I didn't take offence at your comment, ancient runner, and my answer wasn't meant to imply I did. I was just continuing the theme lol. I do hope your current blip is just a temporary one.

I think we all have 'broken record' missions - I am still on a mission about them reducing the Vagifem dose to 10mcg as you all know, but I won't go down that track now ha ha
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:27:53 AM by scriv »

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »

I wasn't on VF for very long before it was changed to the 10mcg.  I have to be honest, I prefer 10mcg every other night to 25mcg twice a week.  I have always been better with 'little and often' with most things  :)

ancient runner

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 11:45:20 AM »

It's so good that we have this forum to at least talk about this stuff - and I always hold out the faint hope that what we say about the available products might somehow get fed back to pharma companies. It baffles me that Ovestin has irritant ingredients in it, or that Gynest cream has peanut oil, or that VF is now only available in the one flavour (as it were). We're not sticking this stuff on our feet, but some of the most delicate areas of the body which are already pretty irritated... surely we're a huge expert patient group here giving useful feedback (as well as supporting each other hand and having the odd rant).
Ah well. Rant over.
PS Scriv, if I ever inadvertently recommend Estring on a thread you're on please accept apologies in advance - I can see where you're coming from on not wanting to use it. Poor you!

scriv

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »

Don't worry at all about me,  ancient runner -  do carry on recommending it whenever you can.

I  won't respond lol but I won't argue as I really believe it is horses for courses and it is so important for people to know what's available out there.  I learnt about Vagifem and Estring from forums such as this one, so I think you are doing a great job. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:33:38 PM by scriv »

Suzi Q

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »

NO WAY NOT A CHANCE
Im not having somut shuved up there ewwww
Men bet theyd not have invented something for them to shuv up the u know what bit
NOT A CHANCE yuk
Anyway I couldnt even use tampons they fell out
The first time it stayed in probably cos I inserted the entire thing remember the Cardboard?
Tried many times on and off to use them especially living in the tropics it was a bit whiffy!!!!
NOPE Id shove it in and with in half an hour it would be slipping out to say HIIIII
Being serious it is about control too I want to control my own body
I couldnt take the contraceptive pill till they introduced in 72 the Mini Pill
GPS were loath to give it out you only had a 3 hr window in those days
Coming to Ozz they didnt get the mini pill till the early 90s so for 15 years or so Bobbles wore
AN OVERCOAT no coil for me no cap if he wanted happy times it was his responsability hehe

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »

"An overcoat" - love it!  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2]